1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'HARDWARE' on DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by NickBull, Feb 7, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a film from ages ago called HARDWARE, a SCIFI with a robot chasing a woman round an appartment, I thought it was quite good. Does anyone know if it's availlable on DVD, any region?

Is there a database anywhere where you can find a dVD release anywhere in the world?

Cheers

Nick

2. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I remember this. 1989/1990, I think. Tagline: "Terminator for the Nineties."
    Can't agree with you abou the watchability of it though.

You could try the IMDB to see if it's had a DVD release, or use DVDProfiler. Their list is as comprehensive as I've seen.

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Paul,

I'll have a look. I'm not going to pay mega bucks for it, but if I could get it cheap.... it's more a curiosity than the perfect film, but I remeber it having a lot of energy.

Nick

4. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It looks like it's only availlable on VHS, Spanish or US.

Oh well! Can't play VHS too well on projector and make it look good. It may be release on day!

Thanks

Nick

5. PaulDCocker

PaulDCocker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, for that price it's worth a try!

Cheers Paul

7. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    Honestly, you may aswell avoid the vcd as the film's available on widescreen vhs (which doesn't actually look that bad) with a reasonable surround track for under £5 (it's on 4Front). The US version was cut for an R rating and the VCD doesn't look very nice at all - the resolution doesn't handle the massive areas of darkness and shadow very well. Your best bet is to stroll down to somewhere like HMV and buy it off the shelf (they've always got it in my local) or buy it online.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one getting a release at some point, although the follow up by the same director (Richard Stanley) Dust Devil is supposed to be coming out in the US later this year according to my sources.

Back to Hardware - Get the UK vhs if you can as it looks better than the vcd.

8. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I remember hardware it was taken from a story in 2000ad the british sci fi comic, eee them where the days.:D
    cheers Dave.