Question Hardware ID Missing?

billy87mufc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Right this one has been bugging me most of the day so thought I would try here.

I brought a mic a few weeks ago (auna mic-900) and only today I have decided to set it up. When I plug it into the computer I get a message popping up saying 'Hardware ID Missing' 'Windows cannot identify the device plugged in'

I have tried looking for drivers for the mic but they don't seem to exist.

I have plugged the mic into my laptop running windows 8 and it works straight away.

My PC is running windows 7 but wouldn't have thought that would matter too much?

Any suggestions would be great!

Cheers :)

EDIT: It has now got to a point where it installs the drivers, but the it is constantly making the sound asif to say I am reconnecting it every 5 seconds! Then it decides to disconnect completely.

I've tried leaving it in laptop for 30 minutes and it stays on so can't be a problem with the mic itself or usb cable.

Baffled!

Last edited:
Any ideas anyone? Really feel like throwing my computer out of the window at the moment :(

Still stuck with this!

Any suggestions anyone? Tempted to just give up and hope Windows 10 fixes it!

Thanks mate but unfortunately nothing there worked.

I did email the company who stated it should simply be plugged into the usb and windows should install the drivers but for whatever reason it isn't doing so on my windows 7 desktop.

Bloody annoying me :D

Well would you believe it, I put it in a port on the back of the computer and it worked!

Feel like an idiot now :/

Well would you believe it, I put it in a port on the back of the computer and it worked!

Feel like an idiot now :/
I'm saying this in the most polite way possible. I cannot believe you didn't try the mic in the rear ports from the start!

I'm glad it's sorted though.

Haha! I think it's because everything else seems to work in the front so I didn't really give it a thought...

Haha! I think it's because everything else seems to work in the front so I didn't really give it a thought...
My reply wasn't being fly/funny or arrogant, I was genuinely trying to help. I'm glad you have sorted the issue!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom