Bargain Expired Hardware bargain thread

@IRobot I had to prise myself away from that deal... Let's see what AMD have to say at tomorrow's conference. We've already had some very good pricing for some of the mainstream/budget Ryzen CPUs, let's see what happens now.

Looks like some of those who managed to order from the main Currys website before it went oos have got their orders delivered. People have seen it's legit so now it's just gone oos on the business website.

I think it's OK to buy if the next gen Ryzens are compatible with the existing X570 motherboards.

Looks like they got a bit of a bargain !! I was tempted but wasn’t planning on doing a new build until later in the year and a bunch of stuff on this board was overkill for me. Hopefully a lot of this will trickle down to mid range boards in the next 6 months and smaller form factor.

And they have now turned up on Curry’s ebay store and I couldn’t resist so ordered, no idea what I’m going to do with it :thumbsdow.

I was planning on building a new PC in March as that would be five years since I built my current one (i7-5820k). So if this motherboard gets delivered, it would be a decent starting point for my new build.

I’ll see if it turns up and have a think about it over the next week.

If I decide not to keep it you can have first dibs at cost + postage as long as you use it rather than sell it on.

£55 for a 750W gold PSu sounds good. Not sure what make is under the Gigabyte branding however.

£55 for a 750W gold PSu sounds good. Not sure what make is under the Gigabyte branding however.

It's semi-modular but still a very good price for a gold rated 750w PSU. Not much out there as far as reviews go but seems okay. Only time will tell.

well you just cost me some money.... not on the PSU, but i popped onto their forums to see if there was any chat about if it was any good for a friend, and whilst there noticed half price mouse mats

i have been gaming for 15 years without a mat, but wondering if a mat will improve my accuracy and more importantly comfort over using the mouse on my desk directly.

seems their entire ocuk mouse mat range are half price. BTW go for the premium elite if you get one, as the standard elite the logo is not recessed into the mat and apparently is really annoying. even overclockers admitted it and have fixed that for all their mats in the new design. This is fixed in the premium elite

This popped up on my Facebook feed, GTX 1080 Ti at bargain price!
1588774183641.png

I know it's an old link, but it's still darn good RAM - I've got 4x 8GB of those running at 3600MHz CL16, just using the normal/recommended Ryzen DRAM Calculator parameters (you need to use Thaiphoon Burner to dump the SPD values first though, and import them into the Calculator). Terrific value for money.

I know it's an old link, but it's still darn good RAM - I've got 4x 8GB of those running at 3600MHz CL16, just using the normal/recommended Ryzen DRAM Calculator parameters (you need to use Thaiphoon Burner to dump the SPD values first though, and import them into the Calculator). Terrific value for money.

I should have bought 32GB instead of 16GB as well, I don't think it will be that cheap again.
I was planning on overclocking it to 3600MHz but haven't got round to it yet.

I should have bought 32GB instead of 16GB as well, I don't think it will be that cheap again.
I was planning on overclocking it to 3600MHz but haven't got round to it yet.
I had 32GB and sold 16GB. I just never used it/noticed an increase in FPS. Maybe if you were doing video/photo editing it maybe worth while

I had 32GB and sold 16GB. I just never used it/noticed an increase in FPS. Maybe if you were doing video/photo editing it maybe worth while

I was perfectly happy with 16GB ram until Microsoft released the specs for their upcoming flight sim game :eek:.

I was perfectly happy with 16GB ram until Microsoft released the specs for their upcoming flight sim game :eek:.
Haha that is true. That may convince me to buy more

Paid £290 for that from Amazon 2-3 weeks ago, makes me feel a little sad :D

That's getting really tempting now. Don't know whether to crack or hold out for Zen 3!

Was editing a video over the weekend and my 2600 was hitting 100% a good few times.
But surely that's what you want , 100% on the CPU , getting the most out of it !!
iv edited and rendered a couple of vidz and the CPU has been sat at 99/100%
only difference the 3700x will make is cutting the time down by quite a bit , but that still should be hitting 100% too .

( i don't do a lot of editing so i'm just assuming here 😕)

But surely that's what you want , 100% on the CPU , getting the most out of it !!
iv edited and rendered a couple of vidz and the CPU has been sat at 99/100%
only difference the 3700x will make is cutting the time down by quite a bit , but that still should be hitting 100% too .

( i don't do a lot of editing so i'm just assuming here 😕)
Correct - unless your CPU is so ott that you end up hitting the limits of your storage I guess :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom