Bargain Expired Hardware bargain thread

If it fake drive , ( from what i remember ) it will show up as a 500gb , but if you try to fill it with "say" a 450gb file/s it would fail ,

have you got a file or files that you club together and try to fill the drive up ?
I have only just put 40 gb on it .. Its not my main machine . It's built for VR .. I got about 80 tb worth of movies i could put on . but don't really want to do that

I wonder if it's just 970's. I recently bought 860 Samsung 500GB SSD from Amazon.

I have only just put 40 gb on it .. Its not my main machine . It's built for VR .. I got about 80 tb worth of movies i could put on . but don't really want to do that
Shouldn't take long to transfer 450+gb , set it off while your having your dinner , come back and it should be almost done ,
Well that's if the movies are in the same PC ,
if it's on a NAS drive then yea that could take some time ...

Should take long to transfer 450+gb , set it off while your having your dinner , come back and it should be almost done ,
Well that's if the movies are in the same PC ,
if it's on a NAS drive then yea that could take some time ...
lol.. got em on NAS ,, portable 2.5" drives and 3.5" powered drives ( usb 3 )

lol.. got em on NAS ,, portable 2.5" drives and 3.5" powered drives ( usb 3 )
Yea that will take some time then :suicide: ,
but if it was mine , i would like to know weather or not it's fake ...

I was wondering though , has anyone else had an email from Amazon over these drives as it was posted here for the black friday deals

Did you just recently purcahse the drive, guessing Black Friday?

I bought one earlier in the year about June, haven't had any problems with mine but might have to check up on this.

Samsung magican should tell you if drive is fake .. just found that out SSD Tools & Software | Download | Samsung V-NAND SSD
I've tried to download it before, but I just get this message each time I click on download button

sam.jpg

Did you just recently purcahse the drive, guessing Black Friday?

I bought one earlier in the year about June, haven't had any problems with mine but might have to check up on this.
bought couple of weeks ago ... today i got an email from Amazon saying reports of fakes

Hello,

We’re writing to you about your Amazon.co.uk order #026-6399503-7298762 which includes the Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive - Black, (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CGGP7SV).

Due to an error, we delivered the wrong item to you.

To apologise for this, we have created a replacement order for the correct item and it'll be dispatched as soon as possible to the same address. There will be no additional charge for your replacement order. Once the new order is sent out you'll be notified by e-mail to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.

You do not need to return the original item to us.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How about running a speed check on it ?

I got mine back in July and the first thing I did after installing it was check the speed, 3500/2500 read/write, matches the spec. Used CrystalDiskMark.

If speed and capacity checks out, it's probably good.

Just an update
Just recieved replacement . I have not opened it , just checked the packing and gone over it 3-4 times with magnifying glass .. I honestly cannot see any difference in packing , the stickers ( serial number fonts ) are the same style . Both packings are indentical , even the cardboard is the same . I will check the other P.C drive , later as busy doing other things .

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hmmm, you got me paranoid as I just bought one of these and I made a thread about my drive recently. It states 500GB but it's 466GB useable. Here's a sceeny from the Samsung tool. Thankfully I'm good!
Samsung Drive Magician.png

Hmmm, you got me paranoid as I just bought one of these and I made a thread about my drive recently. It states 500GB but it's 466GB useable. Here's a sceeny from the Samsung tool. Thankfully I'm good! View attachment 1098840

Don't worry its normal practice (if a little under handed) that the drive/memory manufacturers quote capacity in this way. 1GB according to the disk manufacturers is equal to 1,000,000,000 bytes. According to how the operating system (and the rest of the computing world) calculates it, it's equal to 1,024 megabytes, which in turn are equal to 1,024 kilobytes, which are themselves equal to 1,024 bytes. So one GB as per the disk manufacturer is really 1,000,000,000 / (1,024 x 1,024 x 1,024) = .931GB as measured by everybody else. So a "500GB" disk has 500 x .931GB of storage, or 465GB. There is also some formatting overheads which reduces the reported capacity slightly.

This isn't because your system isn't showing some available storage or because the formatting lost storage - it's just the by product of the disk manufacturers exaggerating the storage capacity. It's similar to stereo manufacturers overstating the wattage of their systems, tv manufacturers overstating the dimensions of their tv's, homebuilders overstating the square footage of houses, etc.

Don't worry its normal practice (if a little under handed) that the drive/memory manufacturers quote capacity in this way. 1GB according to the disk manufacturers is equal to 1,000,000,000 bytes. According to how the operating system (and the rest of the computing world) calculates it, it's equal to 1,024 megabytes, which in turn are equal to 1,024 kilobytes, which are themselves equal to 1,024 bytes. So one GB as per the disk manufacturer is really 1,000,000,000 / (1,024 x 1,024 x 1,024) = .931GB as measured by everybody else. So a "500GB" disk has 500 x .931GB of storage, or 465GB. There is also some formatting overheads which reduces the reported capacity slightly.

This isn't because your system isn't showing some available storage or because the formatting lost storage - it's just the by product of the disk manufacturers exaggerating the storage capacity. It's similar to stereo manufacturers overstating the wattage of their systems, tv manufacturers overstating the dimensions of their tv's, homebuilders overstating the square footage of houses, etc.
Ah yeah sorry! I was paranoid about if my drive was genuine or not. I totally get about available drive space. It is a very well explained response so have a thumbs up from me!! :thumbsup:

I still have the replacement ( still unopened) For all purposes the original one is genuine via samsung software . Amazon told me to keep the replacement as a "gift" for I guess being honest or for spending quite a bit of money with them . Either way . it was a nice gesture and is welcomed

Just picked up a 1080ti from the bay... is £430 a good price?

I don't want to have spent too much as I'm well out of the Hardware price game atm :confused:

I don't want to have spent too much as I'm well out of the Hardware price game atm :confused:

assuming it works ok, in the current climate that is a fair price.

(which is still WAY more than a last gen card would normally cost at this point in time)

1080ti is a monster gpu. i have one and really like it :)

do you know which model it is?

I'm after a 1080ti too. That is a great price for a card which is only really beaten by a £1500 card. I've got to add a watercooling bit on mine if I get one, so putting it off for the time being.

It is a good price for that GPU. My only concern would be if it failed in a few months (of course, if it is an EVGA, then a great deal as there warranty is transferable).
RTX 2070 is not much more, not as quick but you do get the peace of mind if it fails in 6 months, you can return to the retailer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom