Bargain Expired Hardware bargain thread

Hi mate, I've got an Armor 1070 so not sure it's apples vs oranges. Did you follow a guide? Vaguely interested although my card doesn't seem particularly noisy and I haven't bothered overclocking it.
The 1070 should be ok , that's what the problem was with the 1080ti , it was same cooler as the 1070/80 , but it couldn't keep the TI cool enough with out throttling it self and over heating a lot

are you thinking about adding a waterblock to the 1070 ?

The 1070 should be ok , that's what the problem was with the 1080ti , it was same cooler as the 1070/80 , but it couldn't keep the TI cool enough with out throttling it self and over heating a lot

Exactly that, they made no adjustments at all to the cooling and it just isn't sufficient for the 1080Ti.

Gamers Nexus did an interesting test on it and confirmed that it was very good for people like yourself that put it under water but at stock it's terrible.

MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor Review: Basically a Bare PCB for H2O

Last edited:
£504 for a Ti. I feel sick, I paid over £700 for mine.

Out of interest was it the Gaming X or the Armor? If it's the Armor then I don't feel as bad as they're terrible. Really bad cooler. If it was the Gaming X then that was a bargain, arguably the quietest cards....
It was this one: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI GAMING X 11G 11 GB GDDR5X 352-Bit Memory DVI/HDMI/DP PCI Express 3 Graphics Card - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XT3TVKP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uNzjAbE0Z1XTY

Didn't think about taking a screenshot, I was too distraught. I'm definitely not mistaken, I double checked and triple checked.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It was this one: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 TI GAMING X 11G 11 GB GDDR5X 352-Bit Memory DVI/HDMI/DP PCI Express 3 Graphics Card - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XT3TVKP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uNzjAbE0Z1XTY

Didn't think about taking a screenshot, I was too distraught. I'm definitely not mistaken, I double checked and triple checked.

That is an incredible price, the gaming x coolers are really good.

I don't doubt you, Amazon tend to do random price changes, I've seen the EVGA SC Ti drop to around £584 if I remember rightly, but that was only for a short time too.

I hesitated to think about it, assuming it would still be that price later on and it had changed.....

The prices in general are a joke though, I paid around £530 for the 980Ti

The cheapest regular price for a 1080Ti on Amazon is around £660 for the Asus Turbo if I recall, but it fluctuates.

Infact right now you can pick a 1080Ti for £623 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-NVID...refinements=p_76:419158031,p_6:A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-NVID...refinements=p_76:419158031,p_6:A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-NVID...refinements=p_76:419158031,p_6:A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
the Armor versions ain't that bad of a series , ( except the Ti version ) i have the 1060 6gb version also and while over clocked it stays cool and it has decent oc on it too.

are you thinking about adding a waterblock to the 1070 ?

Thanks for the info. Haven't got my hands dirty for a while and missing some tinkering action, that's all :). Card is doing a good job on stock at the moment, I'm not running anything horrendously demanding, and I've heard the 1070s are a mixed bag with overclocking anyway. Now my old 7950, that was an OC beast....

That is an incredible price, the gaming x coolers are really good.

I don't doubt you, Amazon tend to do random price changes, I've seen the EVGA SC Ti drop to around £584 if I remember rightly, but that was only for a short time too.

It has never been that low. Camelizer confirms the lowest price was £649 back in July - it's not been lower over the last few days.

It has never been that low. Camelizer confirms the lowest price was £649 back in July - it's not been lower over the last few days.

EDIT: I may have mis-read your post (and been defensive for nothing) were you referring to the Gaming X at £504 or my post with the £584 you quoted? If you were talking about the Gaming X then I apologise, I'm in a bad mood and took it out on the keyboard :D

It was the founders edition (not SC) my mistake. The EVGA price dropped and Amazon reduced the Asus equivalent too. It was a few months ago so I made a mistake about the model Evga 1080ti founders edition £582.50 Amazon - HotUKDeals and Gtx 1080 ti FE Asus £582.50 Amazon - HotUKDeals

As per your source for accurate prices EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FOUNDERS EDITION GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphic Cards 11G-P4-6390-KR (B06XDQBY2W) Camelizer confirms the price was that low

I also never said it was that price a few days ago. Infact I didn't give a time frame at all. I said:

I've seen the EVGA SC Ti drop to around £584 if I remember rightly, but that was only for a short time too.

I also got the price wrong too, it wasn't £584, it was £582.50. I apologise, although I did say "if I remember rightly"......

You seem to have jumped on my post, but did you think of checking whether the £504 was accurate for the Gaming X version too?

Last edited:
EDIT: I may have mis-read your post (and been defensive for nothing) were you referring to the Gaming X at £504 or my post with the £584 you quoted? If you were talking about the Gaming X then I apologise, I'm in a bad mood and took it out on the keyboard :D

I was referring to the Gaming X post :) I pointed it out so that people aren't too gutted about missing out on a price which never actually existed :)

I was referring to the Gaming X post :) I pointed it out so that people aren't too gutted about missing out on a price which never actually existed :)

I only realised that's what you might have meant after I "went into one". Hence I added the edit after I posted. I apologise for my defensive post.

I normally like to talk to people the way I'd expect to be spoken to but didn't this time, so apologies once again.

No stress, I didn't take offence anyway :)

Thanks for the info. Haven't got my hands dirty for a while and missing some tinkering action, that's all :). Card is doing a good job on stock at the moment, I'm not running anything horrendously demanding, and I've heard the 1070s are a mixed bag with overclocking anyway. Now my old 7950, that was an OC beast....
I had the gigabyte G1 1070 last year and that was a good overclocker , not sure/can't remember but i think i got a good +125 on the core clock and about +500 on the mem and increased the voltage/power limit to max which would set the Mhz too 2114 and sit happily
but this was fitted with a waterblock too ,

have a play around with Oc'ing it , even if just to see what it can do . you can always set it back to default if the games you are playing are just fine and don't need any extra FPS .

I am not the 1st to sing overclockers praises however i gotta admit they have had some..... i wont say great, but definitely the best out there right now....... offers on gps lately.

they ran out of stock over the weekend but they have had 1080ti for £689 in stock for 4 or 5 days.

2 weeks back they had the fantastic inno 3D X3 chill in stock for £749.

Also i have 2 mates who had NV cards from over clockers fail on them and they both got fairly significant upgrades as replacments.

better than ebuyer who i believe only give partial refunds out if they cant do like for like warranty swapouts.

I have to admit the recent drop in graphics card prices has me tempted. It was 900ish for a 1080ti /vega64 only a few months ago.

They have stopped production. Nvidia rep told massdrop prices will only get higher from here on in.

^ good offer :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom