Bargain Hardware bargain thread

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Ha literally just clicked on that about 5 mins ago. None left. Goes to the UK one at £299.99
Not sure what you are doing wrong but I've just double checked
SmartSelect_20210430-062432_Chrome.jpg

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I almost pulled the trigger on this but I'm thinking it would be a fairly pointless upgrade from my 3700x. Especially at 1440p.
Depends on what you think a worthwhile upgrade is. Have a look here (gaming benchmarks are from about 7 minutes onwards)

The 5800x has been on Amazon US for under £300 so maybe worth holding out

GreyMutton

Depends on what you think a worthwhile upgrade is. Have a look here (gaming benchmarks are from about 7 minutes onwards)

The 5800x has been on Amazon US for under £300 so maybe worth holding out

Really tempting, as I could sell the 3700x for not much less than this, but I just haven't seen enough in the games I play to make it worthwhile. I mainly use it for gaming so the extra 2 cores aren't that much of an issue for me. It's just weighing up the time, expense and hassle of installing a new cpu vs the gains. Reckon I might hold out till the 5000 series and a new mobo.

I read some folk on reddit saying it did make a difference to stuttering etc though....

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I keep going back and forth on the 5600X and the 5800X I defo would have gone for the 5600X if i'd got it at that price.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
When i've clicked on that last night and this morning its taken me to a UK seller not the Amazon US one and that wasn't in the list either.
Did you add to basket as that is when the price is reduced?
If not seems strange

Lustral

I recently got the 5800X for £307 , was rocking a 3700X but I sold that , so the cost to upgrade for me was about £110.

If you are going for a 5800X , make sure you got good cooling.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I recently got the 5800X for £307 , was rocking a 3700X but I sold that , so the cost to upgrade for me was about £110.

If you are going for a 5800X , make sure you got good cooling.
Yes. The 5800x puts out an extra 40W over a 5600x

Lustral

Not a bad price for a decent B550 motherboard.

£123.18 at the moment , but not for long

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard ATX, AM4, DDR4, Dual M.2, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Front Type-C, Mystic Light RGB, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processor Amazon product

Delvey

Distinguished Member

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard ATX, AM4, DDR4, Dual M.2, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, Front Type-C, Mystic Light RGB, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Processor Amazon product
Must, not, buy

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

Nice find.

Just bought this recently which seemed a great price for a B550 Wifi 6 BLuetooth 5 and also a USB C header for cases too

Amazon product

GreyMutton

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Does seem decent. My mates after me to build a PC for his sons Xmas this year. At this rate though I reckon I'll have to point him to pre builds. Can't see the GPU drought improving much by the end of the year.
Q2 next year is the general consensus

duncfunk

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
That system is only £250 more than you'd pay for a 3060 on Ebay so a very good deal in the current climate.

Just a shame it's a 3060 , 3060ti option would be the icing on the cake.

Pavement

Yeah annoying as just had a email from WD saying they are out of stock and will be 6-8 weeks and would I like to cancel.
Just received a formal invoice from WD looks like the drive could be on its way :)

EDIT now have shipping confirmation. All credit to Western Digital on honouring the deal most other companies would have tried to worm there way out of it somehow.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021