Bargain Hardware bargain thread

anlygi

Saw it myself and the poster even contacted customer services about it! I thought it was too good to be true and didn't bother ordering. The thing with glitches, if it is a glitch of course, is it takes you to be selfish and just order it. Maybe post here, but not HUKD. The massive surge in orders by hundreds or more will set alarm bells off.

GreyMutton

Saw it myself and the poster even contacted customer services about it! I thought it was too good to be true and didn't bother ordering. The thing with glitches, if it is a glitch of course, is it takes you to be selfish and just order it. Maybe post here, but not HUKD. The massive surge in orders by hundreds or more will set alarm bells off.
Yep, I agree. I ordered one for my own system but the sheer amount of folk trying to buy up multiples to resell is disgusting.

I think they'll all get cancelled but I really hope they only cancel the orders of multiples just to annoy the greedy swines.

anlygi

Also the dilusional folk on hukd asking for details of good lawyers. What planet to these folk live on? 😂😂😂

Yea, it's a glitch for crying out loud. Get over it and move on. I have been in on a fair few HUKD price glitches and don't recall any of them ever being honoured, though I think one for Currys was at some point from memory. Greed of some ruins it for everyone.

Pavement

allegedly some are getting shipping notifications through. Hopefully if they do decide to honour it they stick to people who only order one.

GreyMutton

Quite a few saying theirs have shipped. Not mine though. Not a big issue as I don't really need one, just couldn't pass it up.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
If people are looking for a decent build with a 3080 I would go for this from Scan. If you remove the OS then it is £2116.

The parts without the GPU are below

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor (£641.51 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£81.29 @ CCL Computers)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard (£174.98 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (£89.58 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£84.99 @ Box Limited)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case (£74.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£121.99 @ Currys PC World Business)
Total: £1269.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-21 16:05 BST+0100

So £900 for the EVGA Ultra 3080. Scan had them listed at £1000 the last time they had stock but I cannot see it being below this again anytime soon. (Or sell the GPU for £1500, and you have a full system bar GPU for the price of the 5900x)

For a gaming PC that CPU at £641 is not what I would recommend, get a 5600x at £300 or a 3600 for £180 as a cheap option. (upgrade in 12 months when next gen is out maybe and prices are normal) Same for that motherboard but maybe thats me I dont go over £100 for extra features like wifi, sound cards or overclocking abilites. So thats a possible price reduction by £380 as an option. (or £500)

Delvey

Distinguished Member
For a gaming PC that CPU at £641 is not what I would recommend, get a 5600x at £300 or a 3600 for £180 as a cheap option. (upgrade in 12 months when next gen is out maybe and prices are normal) Same for that motherboard but maybe thats me I dont go over £100 for extra features like wifi, sound cards or overclocking abilites. So thats a possible price reduction by £380 as an option. (or £500)
You won't find a 3080 EVGA Ultra for less than £1000. Probably £1200. So that saving is gone anyway and you'll have a worse CPU.
I wouldn't touch a 3600, you'll be CPU bound especially in ray tracing games.

No idea what the price of the GPU has to do with the CPU price - what do you mean, GPU is expensive so its OK chuck any money you like at other components I dont understand, surely you want to save money as much as possible while we are going though this insanity on GPU prices ?

Just saying that the recommending a £640 CPU is an overkill if your gaming, how much performance do you think say a 5900X gives over a 5600x ?

2-3 fps on a 1440p between a 2600x, 3600x and a 5600x on a 3090 ! I dont think the 5900x is going to make any difference - If I got one I would want my £340 back please. At 4K its zero difference as your fully GPU bound.

1619034380967.png

I think your cost vs performance gain thinking is not in alignment with my own, I don't see spending £340 more for basically no gaming gain as a good idea and by the time its maybe becoming a thing, a new better, cheaper CPU's will be out to buy.

it really tops out at the 5600x level - isnt that the CPU your using ?

I wouldn't touch a 3600, you'll be CPU bound especially in ray tracing games.
As for the 3600, its not in your PC hardware wheelhouse I know but your chasing every last frame, but its an amazing CPU for the money as shown above its more about GPU than ever and while your technically correct I don't think that the difference is significant enough to rule a 3600 out when taking about a new PC. Which is why I bought one recently.

The Raytracing thing I am trying to track down as I cannot find much which backups what your saying, as its a GPU function wouldnt it make it even more GPU bound when its ray tracing also, I dont know so that might be a factor against a 3600 or it might not, depends on the significant amount of impact if any, again its if 2 fps then its not enough of a deal to rule the CPU out.

Of course if you need the CPU power for work then OK, but I am only gaming on my PC so that's my focus. Also if you game at 1080p and need very high FPS for competitive shooters then OK there is a case to be made there also. I like 1440p and dont so... you know. I just think there is room for comparing what you can do - I just want to play games and feel like I choose wisely on my spending.

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
The Raytracing thing I am trying to track down as I cannot find much which backups what your saying
Experience. It comes from experience. I had a 2600 and at 1440p with RT at max I couldn't hit 30 FPS in Cyberpunk in the city. With a 3600 it improved to about 45 FPS. With the 5600x it increased again to about 65 FPS. I didn't upgrade my CPU (twice) for the fun of it. Even Battlefield V, with ray tracing on in certain maps the 3600 couldn't hit 60 FPS with the 3080.
No idea what the price of the GPU has to do with the CPU price - what do you mean, GPU is expensive so its OK chuck any money you like at other components I dont understand, surely you want to save money as much as possible while we are going though this insanity on GPU prices ?
The price of the components to buy individually are £1200 that are in the Scan system. That means the GPU in the scan system is in theory £900 (£2100-£1200 = £900).
Now you talk about replacing the 5900x with a 3600. Which will save you £400. Which it will. But to buy the GPU (if you can actually buy one anytime soon) will likely cost you at least £1200 (or if you want one straight away £1800 from ebay).
So you are saving £400 on the CPU compared to the Scan system by getting a 3600, but you'll have to fork out an extra £300 at a absolute minimum if you want that particular 3080 (and you'll be bottlenecked) with no guarantee when you'll get the GPU (so the Scan system would be an extra £100 over buying all the components yourself but you'll have a 3600 instead of a 5900x).
If you are talking about building a rig around a 3600 then it is totally out of context. And you could still end up paying more for a 3080 system with the 3600 than the above Scan system with a better CPU

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Problem is with the above system its only availalble as a pre order. No idea when you're getting it (GPU and CPU (could always frop to the 5800X CPU though as thats available)

I could sell my 3070FE and put another grand to get that but I'd have no idea when i'd be getting it.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Problem is with the above system its only availalble as a pre order. No idea when you're getting it (GPU and CPU (could always frop to the 5800X CPU though as thats available)

I could sell my 3070FE and put another grand to get that but I'd have no idea when i'd be getting it.
Can you tell me when you would next be able to buy a 3070 FE?
Also, Scan will give you an ETA upon order. Seems to be 15 to 20 days (which isn't too bad)

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Can you tell me when you would next be able to buy a 3070 FE?
Also, Scan will give you an ETA upon order. Seems to be 15 to 20 days (which isn't too bad)
Not sure about buying a 3070FE as I never said about buying one of them. I said sell the one I had and put a grand towards then getting the system you linked.

In regards to the wait I've been looking into getting a build from scan and the 15-20 days is what it is when thry have all the parts in stock now so I think you'll be looking at a much longer wait for a system where your wanting a 3080 and a cpu they don't have either.

Well I completely missed it was a pre-built so apologies for that, I thought that was a just a list of parts for a PC build, Sorry I need to read the whole post in future. I did wonder why you appeared to be recommending a CPU you dont have.

Out of interest regarding the 3600 and cyberpunk is it possible on you got hit by the CPU issue they had when you had a 3600 and it was patched out once you got the 5600x, when did you upgrade ? Its something that was reported on reddit for both 3600 and 5600x users having lower FPS until it was fixed.

it was resolved on 19 Dec

Hotfix 1.05

• [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Not sure about buying a 3070FE as I never said about buying one of them. I said sell the one I had and put a grand towards then getting the system you linked.

In regards to the wait I've been looking into getting a build from scan and the 15-20 days is what it is when thry have all the parts in stock now so I think you'll be looking at a much longer wait for a system where your wanting a 3080 and a cpu they don't have either.
Well the post was never intended for someone who has a GPU.
It isn't even aimed at someone who has most of a PC build. If you have a really old system and are looking to upgrade CPU, mobo, RAM and GPU it is probably the best route to get a 3 series GPU, especially if you are after that specific EVGA
Out of interest regarding the 3600 and cyberpunk is it possible on you got hit by the CPU issue they had when you had a 3600 and it was patched out once you got the 5600x, when did you upgrade ? Its something that was reported on reddit for both 3600 and 5600x users having lower FPS until it was fixed.

it was resolved on 19 Dec
Yes, the hotfix did improve things however still wasn't hitting 60 FPS. As I said Battlefiwld V with ray tracing was also an issue hitting 60 FPS throughout

Delvey

Distinguished Member

CARLOS

Distinguished Member

Just ordered one 2tb SN750 £110.99

Did you get anything as I've heard nothing from WD since I placed the order just after you posted the offer ?

Pavement

Did you get anything as I've heard nothing from WD since I placed the order just after you posted the offer ?
I had an order confirmation email and they have charged PayPal now. A lot of people have received there orders according to Hot Uk Deals they just seem to have run out of stock for now. A couple of people contacted WD and new stock may be 1-2 weeks.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
I had an order confirmation email and they have charged PayPal now. A lot of people have received there orders according to Hot Uk Deals they just seem to have run out of stock for now. A couple of people contacted WD and new stock may be 1-2 weeks.

Yeah I had the same confirmation email when I ordered and PayPal was taken 2 days ago.

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Someone is selling a SN750 2TB in the classified now. Apparently from WD Store direct ....

Yeah annoying as just had a email from WD saying they are out of stock and will be 6-8 weeks and would I like to cancel.

Pavement

Yeah annoying as just had a email from WD saying they are out of stock and will be 6-8 weeks and would I like to cancel.
On the plus side unlike most companies in a similar situation they haven't just cancelled all the orders. They'll probably use this to work out how many people are prepared to wait it out to see how much stock they need.

Delvey

Distinguished Member

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021