Bargain Hardware bargain thread

duncfunk

But surely that's what you want , 100% on the CPU , getting the most out of it !!
But I don't want a stuttering mess that I can't work on properly.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
But I don't want a stuttering mess that I can't work on properly.
I gather these vidz your rendering are large in size ? ( length and bitrate )
thus taking time up on your PC
the vidz i did were gopro footage at 2k and about 12/15 mins long and only took about 10mins (iirc) with R5 3600

duncfunk

I gather these vidz your rendering are large in size ? ( length and bitrate )
thus taking time up on your PC
the vidz i did were gopro footage at 2k and about 12/15 mins long and only took about 10mins (iirc) with R5 3600
Music videos where I'm loading around 10 files simultaneously. I get some crazy stutter when everything is loaded making it hard to edit. It's running off the boot SSD, maybe the 16gb ram is the limiting factor? I'm due a cpu upgrade this year so that'll be happening regardless.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Music videos where I'm loading around 10 files simultaneously. I get some crazy stutter when everything is loaded making it hard to edit. It's running off the boot SSD, maybe the 16gb ram is the limiting factor? I'm due a cpu upgrade this year so that'll be happening regardless.
No expert , but i think the 16gb ram could be the problem !
iv read a good few times that 32gb + of ram ( faster the better for ryzen) would be/is better for editing,
so even if you upgraded the CPU , i still think the ram could be the issue ,
your due an upgrade ?
try the ram first , the 2600 is still a decent CPU , like i said the only difference would be "time saved" if you went with the 3700x
( if the ram doesn't make any difference you could always sell it on here , recoup the money and go for 3700x )

Cha1ky

BontaKun3000

That LG ultragear monitor is back in stock at curry's for £400, so gotta hurry if anyone wants one.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer

BontaKun3000

Yea i did mean to write 27gl850 but seems it escaped my copy paste

Cha1ky

I've just picked one of these LG monitors up. Widely known as one of the best on the market. Use code PANORAMA to knock the price down to £360

Got this up and running. Very nice monitor and a big step up from my Dell. Just need the gpu to push it now. I almost bit at 500 so to get it for £360 was a bargain!