Bargain Hardware bargain thread

duncfunk

But surely that's what you want , 100% on the CPU , getting the most out of it !!

But I don't want a stuttering mess that I can't work on properly.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
But I don't want a stuttering mess that I can't work on properly.
I gather these vidz your rendering are large in size ? ( length and bitrate )
thus taking time up on your PC
the vidz i did were gopro footage at 2k and about 12/15 mins long and only took about 10mins (iirc) with R5 3600

duncfunk

I gather these vidz your rendering are large in size ? ( length and bitrate )
thus taking time up on your PC
the vidz i did were gopro footage at 2k and about 12/15 mins long and only took about 10mins (iirc) with R5 3600

Music videos where I'm loading around 10 files simultaneously. I get some crazy stutter when everything is loaded making it hard to edit. It's running off the boot SSD, maybe the 16gb ram is the limiting factor? I'm due a cpu upgrade this year so that'll be happening regardless.

sykotik

Distinguished Member
Music videos where I'm loading around 10 files simultaneously. I get some crazy stutter when everything is loaded making it hard to edit. It's running off the boot SSD, maybe the 16gb ram is the limiting factor? I'm due a cpu upgrade this year so that'll be happening regardless.
No expert , but i think the 16gb ram could be the problem !
iv read a good few times that 32gb + of ram ( faster the better for ryzen) would be/is better for editing,
so even if you upgraded the CPU , i still think the ram could be the issue ,
your due an upgrade ?
try the ram first , the 2600 is still a decent CPU , like i said the only difference would be "time saved" if you went with the 3700x
( if the ram doesn't make any difference you could always sell it on here , recoup the money and go for 3700x )

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member

BontaKun3000

That LG ultragear monitor is back in stock at curry's for £400, so gotta hurry if anyone wants one.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer

BontaKun3000

Yea i did mean to write 27gl850 but seems it escaped my copy paste

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I've just picked one of these LG monitors up. Widely known as one of the best on the market. Use code PANORAMA to knock the price down to £360

Got this up and running. Very nice monitor and a big step up from my Dell. Just need the gpu to push it now. I almost bit at 500 so to get it for £360 was a bargain!

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Some good deals on eBay at the moment 15% off certain sellers ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Motherboard + RYZEN 3600 CPU BUNDLE AMD Socket AM4 4718017020428 | eBay £212 for a Ryzen 3600 and decent motherboard

Good buy B550 Rog Strix-F ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) Motherboard AMD Socket AM4 ATX Form Factor 4718017748773 | eBay

Or MSI B550 Mortar MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Motherboard AMD Socket AM4 AMD B550 Chipset 4719072728649 | eBay £131

RX580 8GB MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8GB OC Graphics Card AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Memory | eBay

Last edited:

stument

Distinguished Member
Seen any 3/4TB Internal HDDs? o_O

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Best bargain MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard AMD Socket AM4 AMD B550 Chipset AMD Crossfire 4719072728625 | eBay

Last edited:

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Best bargain MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard AMD Socket AM4 AMD B550 Chipset AMD Crossfire 4719072728625 | eBay

Is the B550 Tomahawk likely to deal with overclocking four RAM modules better than the B450 Tomahawk MAX..?

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Is the B550 Tomahawk likely to deal with overclocking four RAM modules better than the B450 Tomahawk MAX..?

I would have thought so but not 100%, VRM's are rated as one of the best on any motherboard so should be good.

Last edited:

CARLOS

Distinguished Member

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
descent price on RAM if you don't mind waiting a few days

MartinH32

sykotik

Distinguished Member
There's talk of RAM and SSD's coming down in price not sure when , but soon i gather ....

I could do with a 1tb ssd too :)

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Maybe this? Should be about £95 with a fee free card; Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 which is decent enough! But no Ballistix...
Amazon product
Haha yes, sorry forgot to add the link.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
SVS launches 1000 Pro Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A launches new Caruso R music system plus optional speakers
  • By Andy Bassett