1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware at What HiFi Sound&Vision show

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rimibar, Nov 17, 2004.

1. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Went to the What Hi-Fi sound and vision show a few weekends ago. Generally disappointing - main gripes were with the setups themselves - big empty rooms which your respective wives would never let you get away with... Worst of all there was nowhere to buy the toys you had been drooling over elsewhere!

Come on retailers! Even a small stand offering show discounts on kit would be good! I know there were a few people selling on the ground floor, but only accessories.

Arcam (DV79) / Pioneer (868) and Denon (3910) all struggled to give me any real insight into their product's benefits, however Pioneer did mention that there was a recent HiFi news comparitive review - does anyone know where this can be found? I looked in this month's HiFi news but to no avail.

Finally thanks, where thanks are due:

Optoma: Amazing demo of H77 PJ - would throughly recommend a look for you high-enders out there;

Chord Company: Good advice given by the aptly named cable Doctor;