Hardware Acceleration Problem

Restorer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope some of you bright people can help me sort this out.

I have recently started using the new Sky Go service but have been troubled by very jerky video. However I have just discovered a Silverlight Player Optimiser page where it seems my GPU Acceleration had been disabled. I enabled it on this page (sorry you can only use the link if signed in to Sky account - http://go.sky.com/vod/page/gpuTroubleshooter.do?after.login=true).

As a result Sky Go now works nice and smooth but all video playback has broken in XBMC - I just get washed out, flashing images playing any type of video file. So I then go to settings/video/playback in XBMC and disable hardware acceleration and video plays OK again but there is a very slight dropping of frames - presumably because more PC resources are now being used.

So, what I want to know is why enabling GPU acceleration in Silverlight might be breaking XBMC. There is no such problem in MC7 or WMP. I have tried having acceleration on and off using the setting in IE9 but it does seem using the Silverlight configuration page is my only way to get smooth SkyGo playback.

Anyone know what this optimiser page might be doing that could break a hardware accelerated XBMC or know of any other settings I could try in XBMC to fix it?

Hope I have made the problem clear - thanks for your patience.

hmm odd.

think you might get a better response on the xbmc windows forum.

I'll try it on my 2 xbmc windows pcs and let you know whether it happens o me too.

Out of interest what type of graphics card are you using?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom