Hardline Pro, does it render other killstreaks useless ???

Saul T Nuts

Established Member
Reaction score
Since unlocking Hardline Pro I've adopted the tactic of equipping SAMS, care package and sentry gun as kill streaks and then changing them using hardline pro, and I have to say it's proven to be extremely successful. For example last night I "gambled" them and got a blackbird, rolling thunder and a naplam strike.

I've also had my share of chopper gunners and the one where you fly the helicopter as well. In fact I think the only upper level killstreak I haven't had from it is the dogs.

I suppose then my question is twofold, given that the liklihood is that you get a much better reward from the gamble is it actually worth spending the COD points unlocking the higher streaks to use in the traditional way ? (as there seems to be no connection with what you've unlocked and what you can get in the gamble, for example I haven't bought the blackbird and napalm strike as killstreaks yet you can still get them in the swap)

And secondly will this tactic, all be it legit, eventually become frowned upon within the COD community in the way that one man army danger close did or do you think it will be patched to just work on say just care packages ?

Last edited:
I think it will be patched to care package only.........I'm certain that was what was intended.

It will probably be patched if it becomes so imbalanced that it's the only setup anybody uses, which seems to be the case at the moment. I haven't taken advantage of it myself, but it does seem like a pretty lethal combination.

It is overpowered yes. I got 2 chopper gunners yesterday from changing a SAM Turret and Care Package

I used hardline almost all the time to get to first prestige but when i ranked up ive used others and they all have great uses and havent been at a disadvantage.

Dont forget calling in care packages is a hassle in the first place, especially objective games and they can be taken from you

It is overpowered yes. I got 2 chopper gunners yesterday from changing a SAM Turret and Care Package

The gamble doesnt always pay off though. i`ve gambled a SAM Turret or Sentry Gun only to be lumbered with a friggin Spy Plane or Counter Spy Plane. :mad:

The gamble doesnt always pay off though. i`ve gambled a SAM Turret or Sentry Gun only to be lumbered with a friggin Spy Plane or Counter Spy Plane. :mad:

Spy Plane is the second best reward in the game after the Blackbird, IMO. Benefits you and your team. Hardly anyone used the UAV in MW2, but I've found it invaluable in Blops.

Spy Plane is the second best reward in the game after the Blackbird, IMO. Benefits you and your team. Hardly anyone used the UAV in MW2, but I've found it invaluable in Blops.

You know me Kav, there IS an "i" in team as I usually stick to FFA. When I was doing the challenge to get Hardline Pro I couldnt give my care packages away for love nor money. Was driving me bonkers. :rotfl:

You know me Kav, there IS an "i" in team as I usually stick to FFA. When I was doing the challenge to get Hardline Pro I couldnt give my care packages away for love nor money. Was driving me bonkers. :rotfl:

Indeed wasn't thinking about that Al - in FFA people are prob too scared that the CPs are booby trapped by Hackers - probably easiest to play a few team games to get that one done. :smashin:

Indeed wasn't thinking about that Al - in FFA people are prob too scared that the CPs are booby trapped by Hackers - probably easiest to play a few team games to get that one done. :smashin:

I was playing Team Deathmatch just to get the pro perk. But none of my team would bloody help themselves. I wish you could pay extra cod points and put red ribbons around the crates. Might make it a bit more obvious then :laugh:

hardline pro is quite frankly ridiculous. but i'll be keeping it for sure. :laugh:

i've had some shockng fortune with it. ammo to dogs, sentry gun to chopper gunner etc etc.

i'm pretty sure it will be patched to just care packages. it's daft you can do it with sentry's and SAM as well tho. they couldn't have intended that surely?

I like using Hardline Pro but the biggest issue i have is waiting for them to be delivered. The spawning still isn't perfect so it can be difficult to get enough time to call it in and pick up the goods. If your playing with a good team though and they protect you the results can be great.

I like using Hardline Pro but the biggest issue i have is waiting for them to be delivered. The spawning still isn't perfect so it can be difficult to get enough time to call it in and pick up the goods. If your playing with a good team though and they protect you the results can be great.

yeah i always stick around when someone is lobbing a CP marker. it's too risky should the oppo steal the crate and get something like the dogs or a choppy-g. or if they've got hardline pro as well, they've got an even better chance of stealing something decent.

My thoughts exactly.

Id rather let myself and the rest of the team know where the enemy is rather than camp in the corner and drive an RC-XD about.

Got HL Pro on all but one of my classes (Other is Ghost)

I only use Spy Plane, Care Package & Attack Helicopter as it's easy to rack up enough kills to get several of these per game rather than 1 higher KS.

Hardly anyone uses Ghost so Spy Plane helps you find your next victim and keep an eye out where they are when you call in your Care Package.

Can't be bothered trying the additional Sam Turret / Sentry Gun trick as it's extra time to wait out of the game.

Had 2 Chopper Gunners in a row on domination last week which was fun :devil:

I'm amazed how many don't use Ghost - best perk in the game IMHO. Whenever you call up a SP - there's 6 enemy dots virtually every time.

The only time I don't use it is on Nuketown where I have a CQB class with a flak Jacket on to survive grenades and RCXD's and lightweight to get to B flags quick at the start of the game.

I think it's still the obsession with KDR in Domination - although less of an issue than in MW2.

I'm amazed how many don't use Ghost - best perk in the game IMHO. Whenever you call up a SP - there's 6 enemy dots virtually every time.

Shhhhhhh, they might hear you
;)

I think this definitely needs patching. Even if it only works on care packages then it is still a strong perk. Working on all 3 means it's way too easy to get and so many chances to get the higher killstreaks without really working for them.

Currently trying to get this before, soddin nightmare! Got all 3 airdrops but wanted to drop them at our spawn as its safer so went on the hunt for someone to kill me but could i find any enemies! Then the soddin game ended!! ARGH!!!

I think this definitely needs patching. Even if it only works on care packages then it is still a strong perk. Working on all 3 means it's way too easy to get and so many chances to get the higher killstreaks without really working for them.

I can't do it even on care packages :confused:

I can't do it even on care packages :confused:

youve got hardline pro equipped? You might have already done it but you know you need to buy it from the perk selection menu once you've completed all the prerequisite challenges for it, same goes for the other pro perks.

Failing that im :confused:

youve got hardline pro equipped? You might have already done it but you know you need to buy it from the perk selection menu once you've completed all the prerequisite challenges for it, same goes for the other pro perks.

Failing that im :confused:

Yeah I did that straight away, it's working now. :confused:

Folks, being pretty **** at COD means I dont think I will ever get this- I'd like to, but I can't see it.

Am I right in saying that to get it, I have to get 7 kills, call the dogs in and share care packages? With the sharing, do you just call a care package and then just leave it?

Any help would be appreciated in getting Pro perk!

you have to do this for the pro version-

* Share 10 Care Packages with your Allies

* Earn 7 killstreaks in one match using Hardline

* Get 7 kills without dying in one match

So a 7 killstreak in one match and 7 killstreaks in one game without dying, try a different game mode to tdm for 7 streaks in one game, maybe domination or demolition etc. Make sure to set the three lowest streaks when going for that one.

With regards to sharing, yes you just leave it but you have to make sure one of your teammates actually take it so tell the team over the mic to go for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom