1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hardcore

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by adi, Apr 7, 2002.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    god knows how many years ago, there was a low budjet sci-fi shocker called Hardcore, loosley based on a "2000AD" short story about a self-regenerating battle droid wreaking havoc after being brought back from a post-apocolyptic wasteland !!!!
    does anyone remember the film, and more importantly - does anyone knoe whether its gonna get a dvd release.

also - Bad Taste, and "braindead" by Peter Jackson - when ???

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Adi,

The film is unlikely to get a UK release, simply because it never did particularly well. The USA is more of the place where this would be a worthwhile (i.e. financially worthwhile) release. Someone like Anchor Bay, perhaps.

Also, the film is called "Hardware" NOT "Hardcore"! (Have you been watching The Fantasy Channel a little too much, recently?! :D )

It was directed by Richard Stanley in 1990. The cast included: Dylan McDermott (of TV's "The Practice") and Stacy Travis, and Iggy Pop!!! :eek: Personally, I thought the film was okay, though it was several years ago that I saw it, so I don't have many memories of whether or not it really was any good or not.

The film can be found on Budget-priced "4-Front" video for about £4-99, and is in widescreen - at a 1.66:1 ratio.

Richard Stanley also directed, the vastly superior film, "Dust Devil". Now this turns-up on Channel 4 every two years or so, in the longer, and better Director's Cut, which restores some 20 minutes of footage. Sadly, only the original cut was given a pan-and-scan video release, but you may still find it in some larger videostores. (The C4 print is in the correct widescreen ratio of 2.2:1, so that's the one to go for!)

I hope this is of some help to you. Maybe this will stave off those DVD pangs, for a while.

Pooch

3. Luc

Luc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Braindead is available in R4, but it's called Dead Alive. I've got it, and it's class.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,236
    Yes I have seen it, it was on one of the movie channels, but this was quite some time ago.