hardcore matches

gmick23

Established Member
Reaction score
Played a few different matches last night with hardcore been the main type.
I get the intention and felt that it worked on MW1 & 2 with increased damage and all, but on BlOps on hardcore a single shot to the ankle or legs was getting a kill. Im all for increased damage (more realism) but come on sort out the kill hit markers !

Any one else find this on hardcore ?

On the other hand like the barebones game type really enjoyed it and didnt really suffer from any lag on that match type too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On MW2 i always played hardcore, but haven't got on with it in Black Ops.

Watched a mates funny clip, of him getting 1 shot killed in the foot :)

Plus seems to be camp central! Played a few TDM, and top guy had like 8 kills. I soon got bored of running past campers aimed at doors etc.

Plus seems to be camp central! Played a few TDM, and top guy had like 8 kills. I soon got bored of running past campers aimed at doors etc.

Nothing new there then for hardcore mode. :D Regular is bad enough with people afraid to move on the new maps...I dread to think how bad HC must be.

Joined a few hardcore games with Schro and it was :boring: :boring:

I am sure lots of members enjoy it but I cant just sit in one place for 10 minutes. I need to run around and cause carnage and in Hardcore if you do that your dead 100% of the time

Come to think of if I did mention on a couple of occasions to my friends about campers..... thing is though they were hiding in really silly locations and then just staying there resulting in easy paybacks.

I didn't find HC mw2 as boring. But may be wishful thinking :)

I play like a headcase most of the time. I'm the idiot running around like im on fire !
Doesn't help my kd I'm sure but it's fun

I liked hardcore in mw2 and cod4 but hate it in this its just a camp feast..

Loved it in WaW, not played it much in any other cod mainly because the weapons are so much easier to use in the modern genre so i find core has the right balance.

Black ops maps are perfect for camping and clipping though, theres cover every few metres in this game.

I hate hardcore in Black Ops. Purely because I don't really know the maps yet.

I love the adrenaline rush of it though when you are the last player and need to plant the bomb in S&D.

I love hardcore, the odd game can be a bit of a campfest but that depends who you're playing of course, it can be like that with normal core anyway, having no mini-map or cross-hairs doesn't bother me and I like the fact it doesn't take an entire clip of an MP5 to kill a guy :rolleyes:

There also seems to be a lot less grenade spamming and its more tactical I find, like you need to watch where you drop air support etc

I would like hardcore mosh pit

Totally agree with some of the comments above. I loved HC on WAW MW2 but BO seems a bit over the top. All you have to do is fall over and graze your knee and that’s it dead. At least the previous 2 cods gave you half a chance when trying to run in open space. It has turned the whole game into a camp fest unfortunately. Don’t get me wrong I normally champion HC but even BO HC is too much for me.

Joined a few hardcore games with Schro and it was :boring: :boring:

I am sure lots of members enjoy it but I cant just sit in one place for 10 minutes. I need to run around and cause carnage and in Hardcore if you do that your dead 100% of the time

Completely agree.

Shame though, as Hardcore HQ on COD4 was the schnizzle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom