hardcore matches

gmick23

Novice Member
Played a few different matches last night with hardcore been the main type.
I get the intention and felt that it worked on MW1 & 2 with increased damage and all, but on BlOps on hardcore a single shot to the ankle or legs was getting a kill. Im all for increased damage (more realism) but come on sort out the kill hit markers !

Any one else find this on hardcore ?

On the other hand like the barebones game type really enjoyed it and didnt really suffer from any lag on that match type too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

R0M

On MW2 i always played hardcore, but haven't got on with it in Black Ops.

Watched a mates funny clip, of him getting 1 shot killed in the foot :)

Plus seems to be camp central! Played a few TDM, and top guy had like 8 kills. I soon got bored of running past campers aimed at doors etc.

kav

Distinguished Member
Plus seems to be camp central! Played a few TDM, and top guy had like 8 kills. I soon got bored of running past campers aimed at doors etc.

Nothing new there then for hardcore mode. :D Regular is bad enough with people afraid to move on the new maps...I dread to think how bad HC must be.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Joined a few hardcore games with Schro and it was :boring: :boring:

I am sure lots of members enjoy it but I cant just sit in one place for 10 minutes. I need to run around and cause carnage and in Hardcore if you do that your dead 100% of the time

gmick23

Novice Member
Come to think of if I did mention on a couple of occasions to my friends about campers..... thing is though they were hiding in really silly locations and then just staying there resulting in easy paybacks.

R0M

I didn't find HC mw2 as boring. But may be wishful thinking :)

I play like a headcase most of the time. I'm the idiot running around like im on fire !
Doesn't help my kd I'm sure but it's fun

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
I liked hardcore in mw2 and cod4 but hate it in this its just a camp feast..

VivaFathom

Novice Member
Loved it in WaW, not played it much in any other cod mainly because the weapons are so much easier to use in the modern genre so i find core has the right balance.

Black ops maps are perfect for camping and clipping though, theres cover every few metres in this game.

Von Smittle

I hate hardcore in Black Ops. Purely because I don't really know the maps yet.

I love the adrenaline rush of it though when you are the last player and need to plant the bomb in S&D.

Dubious

I love hardcore, the odd game can be a bit of a campfest but that depends who you're playing of course, it can be like that with normal core anyway, having no mini-map or cross-hairs doesn't bother me and I like the fact it doesn't take an entire clip of an MP5 to kill a guy :rolleyes:

There also seems to be a lot less grenade spamming and its more tactical I find, like you need to watch where you drop air support etc

Squirrel!

Novice Member
Totally agree with some of the comments above. I loved HC on WAW MW2 but BO seems a bit over the top. All you have to do is fall over and graze your knee and that’s it dead. At least the previous 2 cods gave you half a chance when trying to run in open space. It has turned the whole game into a camp fest unfortunately. Don’t get me wrong I normally champion HC but even BO HC is too much for me.

Boozehound

Banned
Joined a few hardcore games with Schro and it was :boring: :boring:

I am sure lots of members enjoy it but I cant just sit in one place for 10 minutes. I need to run around and cause carnage and in Hardcore if you do that your dead 100% of the time

Completely agree.

Shame though, as Hardcore HQ on COD4 was the schnizzle.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom