Hard Target 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I don't know why, I just didn't enjoy it the first time I saw it.

I love it now, it's one of the highlights of the MCU for me.

The 2nd one, not so much.
The MCU holds no highlights for me! :D

I'm down with Cas on this one - HT is a brilliant cheese steak of a Hollywood actioner. Cinema's greatest mullet and professional snake punching alone should see this elevated within the action cinema Hall of Fame. Will defo be picking this up when KL issue a fixed disc.

Although JCVDs best? Its a toss up between this and Sudden Death for me. Powers Boothe rocks it and lets be honest, JCVD met his toughest opponent ever in the bowels of that stadium......View attachment 1628596
As a martial arts film VDs best for me is either Bloodsport or Lionheart. As an action film Universal Soldier was better than this but Dolph stole the show.

When did AWOL get retitled Lionheart?

Still haven't opened my copy of this due to the sound foobar and now this sounds even worse.
Confuses me too but the film is still good fun - hasnt aged one bit!

Still haven't opened my copy of this due to the sound foobar and now this sounds even worse.

Same here :) lucky l can force HDR on my Oppo 203 to get around the Dolby Vision issue but just might wait for the replacement discs to ship unless curiosity gets the better of me.

Where is the quality control not a cheap disc to import so disappointing.

It's always been called Lionheart in the US and certain other territories.

In Germany it's called 'Leon', for added confusion.

Same here :) lucky l can force HDR on my Oppo 203 to get around the Dolby Vision issue but just might wait for the replacement discs to ship unless curiosity gets the better of me.

Where is the quality control not a cheap disc to import so disappointing.
@Goonerdude The DV layer should not be a problem on OPPO players, have you actually confirmed Hard Target's DV layer causes any flickering anomalies during playback?

Nvm: I didn't realise you haven't tried the disc as you're awaiting the Kino replacement with the rectified audio track.

Last edited:

Not to worry us Australians are very special as it was affectionately known Down Under as "Wrong Bet" :D

I wonder when these discs will come. I followed the link on kino lorber but haven’t even had a reply yet.

I wonder when these discs will come. I followed the link on kino lorber but haven’t even had a reply yet.

WowHD have just sent me a new £0 order bill for Hard Target, I would presume this is the first sign of them processing the replacement disc.

Me too got the same VAT bill from WOWHD good to know that they are on the ball.

Amazon USA has a release date of 22 February 2022 listed.

Nothing direct from Kino Lorber yet, I imagine as soon as I receive an email from them they will be dispatching these replacement discs everywhere.

Just got an email from “Stackry” that the replacement disc direct from Kino Lorber has landed ready for processing & shipping to the UK.

This was set up before WOWHD confirmed they were going to look after there customers who ordered from them as Kino won’t ship outside North America.

Not sure yet the cost of shipping one disc over to the UK but @ least replacement discs are now coming online.

Last edited:
Just got an email from “Stackry” that the replacement disc direct from Kino Lorber has landed ready for processing & shipping to the UK.

This was set up before WOWHD confirmed they were going to look after there customers who ordered from them as Kino won’t ship outside North America.

Not sure yet the cost of shipping one disc over to the UK but @ least replacement discs are now coming online.

This is good to hear. Hoping it won’t be long now. Wonder if the Dolby vision issue was addressed or just the audio.

Didn't have a referral code to use so about £12 to ship the replacement disc over to the UK.

(Not sure if Kino have addressed the flashing DV encode) on there webiste they only mention the audio issue unfortunately.

I might have 3 copies of Hard Target soon :rotfl:

They’re out….

Attachments

• 303598E7-8A1E-4B46-8A5A-541DDC6199EF.png
    303598E7-8A1E-4B46-8A5A-541DDC6199EF.png
    701.4 KB · Views: 52
Got my Stackry notice too.

Gonna hold fire, as I'm waiting on one from WowHD.

I have a bank of things in my Stackry locker just waiting for this disc to turn up. I’m nearly at the 45 day free holding point o_O

Edit: It's turned up today!

Last edited:
Just got mine in the mail on Saturday. While the audio appears fixed sadly the Dolby Vision issue is still a hot mess especially in the fight scene outside the diner. So disappointed 😞 Additionally the label printing looks off. Definitely not as nicely printed as the original. The menu screen seemed lighter as well...dunno.

Just got mine in the mail on Saturday. While the audio appears fixed sadly the Dolby Vision issue is still a hot mess especially in the fight scene outside the diner. So disappointed 😞 Additionally the label printing looks off. Definitely not as nicely printed as the original. The menu screen seemed lighter as well...dunno.
Was this played on a Panasonic UB820/9000 player as they did receive a firmware update to fix the DoVi issue but it seems certain newer DoVi releases remain affected & still exhibit flickering.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom