Hard Target 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Pwlyons

Novice Member
Was this played on a Panasonic UB820/9000 player as they did receive a firmware update to fix the DoVi issue but it seems certain newer DoVi releases remain affected & still exhibit flickering.
I am using the Panasonic DP-UB820P-K player with the latest firmware v1.69 on an LG OLED65C9AUA with firmware v05.25.09. I've never had a Dolby Vision issue before until this disc. If you have a recent DV disc you want me to check, I'd be happy to if I own it.

oniiz86

I am using the Panasonic DP-UB820P-K player with the latest firmware v1.69 on an LG OLED65C9AUA with firmware v05.25.09. I've never had a Dolby Vision issue before until this disc. If you have a recent DV disc you want me to check, I'd be happy to if I own it.
Thanks for confirming, you would have had some issues with the DoVi layer with these widely reported titles, Midway, Knives Out & 1995's Ghost in the Shell that were afflicted by this DoVi issue, it seems the disc is not at fault but could be an issue with Panasonic's UB820/9000 players once again, a member over at the bluray.com forums had this to say,
Received mine the other day. Audio is fixed on the 5.1. The Dolby Vision flickering is still present, however, on my UB9000, but not on my Sony X800M2.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Received my WOWHD replacement copy today, direct from Technicolor.
MhnNeoum.jpg

Last edited:

Pwlyons

Novice Member
Thanks for confirming, you would have had some issues with the DoVi layer with these widely reported titles, Midway, Knives Out & 1995's Ghost in the Shell that were afflicted by this DoVi issue, it seems the disc is not at fault but could be an issue with Panasonic's UB820/9000 players once again, a member over at the bluray.com forums had this to say,
Received mine the other day. Audio is fixed on the 5.1. The Dolby Vision flickering is still present, however, on my UB9000, but not on my Sony X800M2.
I popped in Knives Out since I recently acquired it. Not one problem with flickering, etc., that I experienced with Hard Target. I watched the first disc of the extended cut of The Fellowship of the Ring and no problem their either. Finally, someone I know tried their replacement disc in their Oppo player and didn't experience the issue either.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Eh, I've just a proper dispatch notice from WowHD, with usual Hermes tracking ref.

If they've only dispatched it, where's the one I received yesterday from Technicolor, from?

My Stackry disc is also en route, so I've now got three replacements in the mix.

WTH?

Goonerdude

The race is on which copy will arrive first Stackry or WOWHD and then I will have 3 copies to spin :thumbsup:

I did pop in the orginal copy for a quick look & didn't see any Dolby Vision flashing on my Oppo 203 & LG E8.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Seen no hint of DV flashing on original or replacement copy on my Sony x700.

The audio on this is ferocious, try looking your neighbours in the eye after watching it at a decent volume.

Goonerdude

My first Stackry order didn't go to plan as DHL UK decided to deliver the replacement disc from Kino Lorber to a completly different address & postcode :( item lost what a waste of money shipping it over.

Still waiting for the WOWHD replacement disc to turn up hopefully next week.

metalpaul1000

If I buy this from WOWhd. Will I get the new disc or will I get the dodgy one?

Noahdavid1984

You will probably get the new version as the original release was withdrawn soon after release @ most retailers.

Still waiting for my replacement disc from WOWHD.
After waiting for a month with the replacement in postage Hermes now have mine and fly to the states for month tomorrow. 😂

Goonerdude

Just arrived, they sent a whole new item rather then just the new disc.

Fantastic, well done WOWHD :thumbsup:

l was wondering if they would do that as Kino just sent a single 4K disc in a jiffy bag which still DHL managed to deliver to the wrong address for me.

roymunsen

Received a complete replacement from WowHD today. The faulty copies seem to be selling ok on ebay so will work out even cheaper now.

Looks and sounds superb. Also noticed the region A blu ray works on my PS5 without issue. Is this normal for Kino?

owenfarmer

Distinguished Member
Anyone between them for sale have a spare replacement disc and a copy with slip case of the original effected release so getting best of both worlds?
Thank you.
Owen

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 27th June 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix confirms ad-supported option is on the way
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Paramount+ launches in the UK and Ireland
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Hisense launches A9H 4K OLED TV