• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hard reset Harman Kardon HS 350

raketman11

Novice Member
Hello all,

My first post, but of course, after extensively searching through the archive.

I have a Harman Kardon HS 350 5.1 all in one system at home. Used to work great, apart from a little tick over the tv speakers. I just mute the tv and the problem is solved. Due to recent problems with my whole entertainement system, I have decided to upgrade the firmware of a lot of my devices, including the HS 350.

Thanks to this upgrade my Digital In button on my remote now activates Coaxial In 2 port. This used to be Optical In. Thanks to this, I do not have the on screen menu anymore and can't downgrade the latest update, nor reset it to the factory settings.

My question is simple, but the answer seems quite impossible to find: is there some kind of hard reset on the device to reset it to the factory settings?

I have found one suggestion which spoke of pressing a tone button, but I only have a eject and power button.

I sincerly hope someone can help me out, because I really love the Harman Kardon, despite our little relationship problems lately.

Thanks a lot for reading,

Jeroen

raketman11

Novice Member
This problem is solved!

Get the remote and keep pressing the Format button untill you have the right video out (check display of the amplifier). When you have the menu back on the tv screen, you can assign the buttons on your remote correctly again, in my case D-In button tied to Optical In.

Doesn't solve my original problem, but hey, one down!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom