hard rain R2

Marc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have the R2 version of Hard Rain? I bought it recently, well traded it on the forums anyway, and although it says on the back of the case it has english and spanish :dd:5.1, it only actually has 2.0 :( is this the same for everyone's copies or should i buy a new copy from somewhere and take this one back?

Marc said:
does anyone have the R2 version of Hard Rain? I bought it recently, well traded it on the forums anyway, and although it says on the back of the case it has english and spanish :dd:5.1, it only actually has 2.0 :( is this the same for everyone's copies or should i buy a new copy from somewhere and take this one back?

Same happened to me a while ago. I bought it in Tower Records and returned it when I found it was only in stereo. If you check DVD Compare (here ) there's an Australian version that's R2/4 encoded, but only in stereo. There must have been a mix up of the disks somewhere along the line!

lovemunkey187 said:
I'll have shufty at mine tomorrow afternoon when I get up.

:offtopic: not feeling very Angelic these days?

cheers mate, and nah, i'm nearly 26 so i thought it was time to stop naming myself after a character from buffy the vampire slayer ;)

Ger said:
Same happened to me a while ago. I bought it in Tower Records and returned it when I found it was only in stereo.

did you get another copy with 5.1 or did you just get a refund?

Just checked mine(well read the back of the case) and I've got the 2+4 version, which I bought from Play. The 2 sound listings it's got are English and Spanish in 2.0.

Marc said:
cheers mate, and nah, i'm nearly 26 so i thought it was time to stop naming myself after a character from buffy the vampire slayer ;)

Strange that. I got mine from miss hearing a Xander comment on Buffy.

lovemunkey187 said:
Just checked mine(well read the back of the case) and I've got the 2+4 version, which I bought from Play. The 2 sound listings it's got are English and Spanish in 2.0.

Strange that. I got mine from miss hearing a Xander comment on Buffy.

which episode? i remember cuddle monkey and butt monkey..

I'm afraid that the region 2 Hard Rain was only issued in 2.0 stereo (not 5.1 as described on the packaging). However, the region one release is definitely 5.1.
Hope this clarifies matters for you

Marc said:

I picked up a korean :r3: version with full bit rate (IIRC) :dts: sound 'cause the UK version's only in DD2.0 & it wasn't too expensive :thumbsup:

there's a $4 + p&p here

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=9147

& I've got this one at $16 + p&p here

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=5979

hope that helps :)

ah well, just so long as i know the dvd isn't faulty.. anything less than 5.1 on dvd should be banned though!

Ger said:
What's the difference between these?

Mine's the $16 one & came with a book to help koreans learn english which contains the entire script in both languages. I imagine the $4 one is just the film & that's it in a cheap keep case. the $4 dvd could be a steal at the price if the DVD is no different.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom