Question Hard of hearing wearables

grandadjohn

Novice Member
Hello everyone.
I am completelt deaf in my left ear. This sometimes causes embarrassment. I was hoping that perhaps there was a solution such as a pair of glasses that would have a microphone on the left side arm to pick up audio and a speaker on the other arm to enable my right ear to compensate. Does anyone know of such a thing or similar?

GarethP

Hello everyone.
I am completelt deaf in my left ear. This sometimes causes embarrassment. I was hoping that perhaps there was a solution such as a pair of glasses that would have a microphone on the left side arm to pick up audio and a speaker on the other arm to enable my right ear to compensate. Does anyone know of such a thing or similar?
Look for CROS hearing aids. You wear two and one on your deaf side transmits the sound to the aid in your good ear...

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Look for CROS hearing aids. You wear two and one on your deaf side transmits the sound to the aid in your good ear...

Good call. I am also deaf in my left ear and have CROS aids. It's also worth enquiring about an implant as well, as these can be more effective. I wasn't suitable for implants as I also have hearing loss in my right ear.
Apart from the ability to pick up conversations it also helps with safety when doing things like crossing the road. I assume you have to be as careful as me as anything on my left is a hearing blind spot.

Your GP will be able to recommend you to a decent hearing clinic on the NHS

grandadjohn

Novice Member
Good call. I am also deaf in my left ear and have CROS aids. It's also worth enquiring about an implant as well, as these can be more effective. I wasn't suitable for implants as I also have hearing loss in my right ear.
Apart from the ability to pick up conversations it also helps with safety when doing things like crossing the road. I assume you have to be as careful as me as anything on my left is a hearing blind spot.

Your GP will be able to recommend you to a decent hearing clinic on the NHS
Thanks sniffer. I work in a busy factory and have to be extremely vigilent crossing the shop floor in regard to fork lift trucks!

Top Bottom