Hard of Hearing, Speaker+Headphones?

AStaUK

Novice Member
I've recently given my parents my old Sony 43XD8088 as an upgrade to their previous TV, my dad is hard of hearing and has the volume on the soundbar connected to the TV (via ARC) turned right up to the point where it can be painful just being in the same room.

What I would like to do if it's possible is get him a pair of Bluetooth headphones like the Sony WH-1000XM3 so he can use them to listen to the TV and my mum can listen using the soundbar at a much more reasonable level.

Does anyone know if the 43XD8088 supports playback via two connected devices or if there is a better alternative and because I'm not 100% certain would the Sony WH-1000XM3 work on this TV? Or is there a better alternative?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Modern Panasonic TV's can output the sound via Bluetooth and the TV speakers at the same time and it's possible Sony TV's can do the same but I doubt the Bluetooth will work if the audio is output via HDMI Arc.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom