Hard drive used??

Jay

Banned
Quick question, picked up a 360 from game yesterday. I've just been looking through the hard drive and it already had the pgr3 demo and a whole bunch of videos too, mainly football type videos and a viva pinata one. IS this normal? I've had my fair share of 360's and there has never been a demo pre-loaded. If this is second hand I'll be going straight to game. Can any one confirm they have had similar things stored when they bought a console recently? The thing that confuses me is that when I first switched the console on it went through the first time set up screens. :confused:

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Quick question, picked up a 360 from game yesterday. I've just been looking through the hard drive and it already had the pgr3 demo and a whole bunch of videos too, mainly football type videos and a viva pinata one. IS this normal? I've had my fair share of 360's and there has never been a demo pre-loaded. If this is second hand I'll be going straight to game. Can any one confirm they have had similar things stored when they bought a console recently? The thing that confuses me is that when I first switched the console on it went through the first time set up screens. :confused:

I had exactly the same on my 360 when i bought it.I guess you also have the Goal 2 clips in 3 different languages aswell. FYI i got mine from Gamestation

LBP.Nxe

I was under the impression that you had to pay to recover an old gamertag.

No. But it does cost to change your gamertag name on a profile. (example, lets say your old gamertag name was "OldTagName" linked to [email protected]. If you wanted to change the gamertag name then that is the bit that costs, not recovering it to another X360).

For your new X360 all you have to do is type in the same email and password you did for you old X360 and your old profile will show up. Simple :)

A

Apothis

Thanks for the info, managed to do it last night, as you say it asks for your old gamertag then the email address and password and then it downloads your old gamertag to your harddrive. I've goit my poitn sand subscription on there, I'm also assuming I can download all the games etc I had purchased on live arcade again too.

Why bother? This time next week you'll have switched back to the ps3 again anyway :)

Zzebedee

my 360 had all that gubbins preinstalled too.
Loads of adidas adverts and goal 2 trailer (heavy adidas involvement there too) so i reckon adidas have paid to have that stuff stuck on there

D

Deleted member 92943

If you move your gamer profile from a memory card to a new console with Hard Drive, do you still have to recover the gamercard from LIVE?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom