1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard Drive skipping on HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by johann1979, Aug 21, 2005.

1. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

Have any of you experienced your HD5 skip minute (as in tiny) sections of some tracks and making a sort of clicking noise? Something like a scratched cd would do? I watched the counter in the bottom corner and could see it was having difficulty reading the information as the seconds were not ticking over evenly.

Has anybody else had this problem? As time goes by I find it increasingly difficult to believe that the HD5 is actually made by Sony...

2. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.... I actually think the tracks in question are corrupt and caused the HD to stumble... So...ehr...basically... a false alarm!

Anyway - will confirm for sure when I know :)

3. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi johann1979, been away so missed millions of posts on the cracked buttons thread...so how's your hd5's buttons? Mine appear to still be very much intact! Although has anyone produced any pictures of cracked black buttons so I can be sure?

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Girl! Been so long since we chatted, I wondered how you were doing and what happened to you! I got burlged, my HD5 was stolen and I have replaced it since with a HD5HS. So no cracked buttons - and to date no other users with HD5 30GB models reporting cracks. So at least that is decent news, for some HD5 owners.

I just so wish it would get sorted out as I know what it is was like and trying to communicate with Sony was the most frustrating thing ever. I felt so cheated as a loyal customer. I suppose Sony's big-corporation-attitude with no regard for the customers that buy their products just sort of lends credence to my auntie's old saying that you can't fart against thunder...

P.S. Where were you all this time? :)