Hard Drive Player with rj45 input

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by noz4r2, May 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. noz4r2

noz4r2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all
    I have some tv shows etc on my computer and i want a small system to go ontop of my tv which i can ftp some files over and watch them.

Ive seen the pinnacle systems show centre and it says it only streams which would be a bit of a problem for me. I have Sky plus but i cant find any infomatoin about putting shows directly onto its harddrive.

Basicly i want to be able to watch things ive got on my computer downstairs on the tv without streaming them FTP over cat5 cable would be great.

any info would be appriated
    Thanks for your time
    NoZ
    NoZ

2. nwhitfield

nwhitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Look at some of the things like the MediaGate and Freecom network players, which are available in 'hard drive enclosure' units.

If you have files on your PC what format are they in? Presumably something like Windows media or DiVX?

If you wanted a full on PVR, then the Topfield's the only one that will let you put content onto its hard drive, but you'll have to convert it first, to MPEG2, which is time consuming. And it's a USB connection, rather than ethernet.

The other alternative would be Apple TV, which can be hacked to play back stuff like DiVX, and has a hard drive in it.

Nigel.

3. geniusworkin

geniusworkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    apple tv?

4. nwhitfield

nwhitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: