Hard Drive Issues

chaz206

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Evening all, got an older CCTV recorder and the hard drive doesnt show up on the diag page so you would assume its the drive as it mostly is. BUTTT when plugging it into my caddy it shows up and after doing a format i can actually use it

Now after some checking and fiddling, i manged get the dvr to show A hard drive with the power coming from another dvr but the data going to the original one. Tried with a different sata power cable on the original DVR but still nothing, does this mean that there is no power coming from dvr molex to sata connector / cable?

Another problem is, whilst fiddling etc.. i broke corner part of the sata connector as it goes into the drive. Namely the corner where it looks like a reverse r part broke and when i connected with a cable a burning smells comes and it looks like the plastic is getting a bit melted. This mean that this drive is also gone and unuseable?

Hopefully havent confused the issue people

Thanks for any help

Do you have a voltmeter? You could test the voltage at the drive connector on the PSU to see if it is correct as maybe you have a dodgy cable?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom