Hard Disk Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mobily, Oct 24, 2005.

1. mobily

mobily
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all,

I currently own a freeview box and a VCR but am soon to be moving house a installing Telewest services as there is no freeview reception in the area I am moving to.

I have heard rumours of Telewest releasing a PVR, however that could be a good few months in the future. My partner and I watch a fair bit of TV and we do record stuff on our VCR. However we very rarely if ever want to record something and keep it permanently. Is there a product on the market which just offers the facility to record to a hard disk?

I know that there are dvd recorders with a hard disk facility such as the Pioneer 530-H but I just don't think we would make use of the dvd facility.

If anyone has any suggestions or may know when the Telewest PVR is to be released I would be grateful.

Cheers :)

2. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Toshiba XS34. Use it only for recording to HDD to watch later. Large enough drive 160Gb if you use it at VHS quality that will be hundreds of hours you can "tape" DVD is a bonus played a few films for the kids and burned a few discs for the kids to watch in the car but mainly as i said use it as a record and delete machine.

Think about a DVDR as they are common now and relatively cheap so you get the functionality you want with the bonus of DVD

AB-P

3. L4ZYBOY

L4ZYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had any experience with this new Telewest Teleport. Looks sweet being able to watch tv up to a week after broadcast and the other gubbings you can get with it.

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Telewest/NTL's PVR is slated (and has been for the past 2 months or more) as being "6 months away".
    With Sky+ HD hapening in Feb/Mar, I'd guess then's as good a time as any to announce it's availabilty. Spoiler tactics - just like MS will do when Sony announce their PS3 is finally available.