• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Hard Disk Problems

Mykey38

Standard Member
A guy at work has a fujitsu laptop and has been having problems with it. He had the hard disk replace under warranty but this didnt cure the problem.
Every so often the computer freezes and when it reboots it gets locked in the BSOD and then the boot screen.
If you run chkdsk it gets to about 60% and hangs.

He ordered a new hard disk which I installed about 2 months ago. he came in this morning with the same problem.

I can format and reload XP from his back-up disk but he obviously has a problem somewhere as this is the third hard disk thats failed.

Any ideas whats causing the problem.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Every so often the computer freezes and when it reboots it gets locked in the BSOD and then the boot screen.
If you run chkdsk it gets to about 60% and hangs.

So it Bluescreens and then you restart it, it gets stuck again?

When you say boot screen which particular bit do you mean?

Mykey38

Standard Member
The bit where it gives you the choices - safe mode, last know good configuartion etc.

This time he said it booted up and said no boot disk found and after the splash screen it just goes black.

Iccz

The new HDDs stop on checkdisk at about 60% as well?

Have you got any way of checking the drive(s) in a different laptop?

It seems strange that all the drives give the same problem, it'd be a good idea to make sure you're 100% sure that it's the drives and not a connection or other issue first.

Does the event log have any details about the problems that you might be able to share?

You can generally download diagnostic tools for the drive depending on the make of the drive which give a better indication for drive issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom