hard decision - which oled to buy ? Need suggestion...

MilosBGD

Novice Member
yes, well finally I have decided to go with AG9 77". Hopefully, its not mistake.
Also, I have projected with some tapes around my current tv (65" AG9) the size of 77" and I was expecting that visually 77" will be bit bigger, so I started again considering Samsung 950TS 85", but the price is insane, so I have definitely gave up on that, and decided to go for AG9 77". Just waiting an conformation from store....

Also, have to say after realizing last night, with those tape that size 77" is big, but not as much as I was kind of hoping for, was considering to take your comments of not investing now in anything, and waiting until next year, but I gave up as I somehow fixed in my head that I want to invest now, and have bigger tv, and this is one of the reasons why I have definitely chosen same TV as I have now, just in 77". I hope I didn't made mistake....

Michael7877

yes, well finally I have decided to go with AG9 77". Hopefully, its not mistake.
Also, I have projected with some tapes around my current tv (65" AG9) the size of 77" and I was expecting that visually 77" will be bit bigger, so I started again considering Samsung 950TS 85", but the price is insane, so I have definitely gave up on that, and decided to go for AG9 77". Just waiting an conformation from store....

Also, have to say after realizing last night, with those tape that size 77" is big, but not as much as I was kind of hoping for, was considering to take your comments of not investing now in anything, and waiting until next year, but I gave up as I somehow fixed in my head that I want to invest now, and have bigger tv, and this is one of the reasons why I have definitely chosen same TV as I have now, just in 77". I hope I didn't made mistake....

If you like it it's not a mistake. We still don't know for sure the specs of next year's models, it could go either way whether or not you regret the purchase next year. You can always upgrade again, but you'd lose some on the 77" A9G

Captainoats

Size = LG
Picture quality = Sony or Panasonic
I wouldn't touch the Samsung personally.
As others have said wait until 2021 TV's.
You mentioned you have an AG9 and if that screen is calibrated professionally you will have an extremely good picture which is better than LG TV's. Why would you want to get rid of that Sony? Panasonic top models are also stunning screens.
If you are looking at spending £5K on the LG then you should consider the Sony 270ES projector as screen size and picture is extremely good when calibrated (if you have the room for 90" upwards). You can then keep the Sony AG9 and have a massive screen as well. That's what I've done, best of both worlds.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom