Hard at work, come rain or shine...

Chunder

Established Member
Reaction score
Our local lollipop-man, hard at work every day, whatever the weather - and he's always friendly and chatty!

EXIF (Flickr data):

Camera: Canon EOS 5D
Lens: Canon EF 135mm f/2 L USM + Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/2000)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 189 mm
ISO Speed: 1600

Post-processing:
Slight tweaks to brightness, contrast and saturation using iPhoto, in order to emphasise the brightness of the fluorescent jacket and sign.

@Zone: I've found that the EXIF data is still embedded in the "Original" size image (i.e. the one that's uploaded to Flickr), here... let me know if you also need me to e-mail it to you... although note that it is a 6MB image!

Bit close cropped for my liking. Like the thinking though :)

I personally would have gone for an angle behind the children to obsure them a little, erm you do have permission to post their pics right?

Bit close cropped for my liking. Like the thinking though :)

I personally would have gone for an angle behind the children to obsure them a little, erm you do have permission to post their pics right?

I asked about model release forms in the Launch discussion. The parents of those kids can kick up quite a stink legally speaking if the photo was taken without permission :(

Here is a link describing the law regarding this: http://www.asmp.org/commerce/legal/releases/
EDIT: This is US law but I believe it is the same in the UK.

I like the photo though :smashin:

The image is well taken and its concept is :smashin:

I like the photo too:)

However regarding those kids there is a dilemma of sorts although the children's faces can barely be made out:rolleyes: They could truly be any of several million children on their way to school and the small image size does add to the "anonymity"

I would imagine selectively blurring their faces to keep the image as a valid comp entry would be an option, if the children's parents are not aware and you need to further anonymise them .This use for the comp is certainly altruistic but you can do without the hassle TBH:devil:

@Zone: I've found that the EXIF data is still embedded in the "Original" size image (i.e. the one that's uploaded to Flickr), here... let me know if you also need me to e-mail it to you... although note that it is a 6MB image!

Downloaded and its fine mate :thumbsup:

I like the glow in his jacket :smashin:
I was hoping for something similar (different worker) but the person refused to have their photo taken, spoil-sport :(

Tim.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom