Happy Xmas to you all.

cyberheater

I know it's a tad early but with family commits, i'm not sure how much time i'm going to have over the the holiday season to get on this forum.

Have a great Xmas and watch as many films on the big screen as possible.
I'm currently watching Nemo with my 2 1/2 year old son. It's awesome :D

Pecker

Distinguished Member
I know I'm known for being wordy, but I'd like to keep this simple.

I beg to crave the momentary indulgence of the Reader in order to discharge a by no means disagreeable obligation which has over the years become more or less established practice, as we approach the terminal period of the year – calendar, of course not financial – in fact, not to put too fine a point on it, week fifty-one of the year – and I should like to submit to the Reader with all appropriate deference, for his (or her) consideration at a convenient juncture, a sincere and sanguine expectation, indeed confidence, indeed one might go as far as to say hope that the aforementioned period may, at the end of the day, when all relevant factors have been taken into consideration, be susceptible of being deemed to be such as to merit a verdict of having been by no means unsatisfactory in its overall outcome and, in the final analysis, to give grounds for being judged, on mature reflection, to have been conducive to generating a degree of gratification, relaxation and celebration which will be seen in retrospect to have been significantly higher than the general average.

Steve W

nwgarratt

Merry Xmas. :)
I will be watching films as the usual TV films are rubbish. I can't watch films on the TV anyway now.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member

I beg to crave the momentary indulgence of the Reader in order to discharge a by no means disagreeable obligation which has over the years become more or less established practice, as we approach the terminal period of the year – calendar, of course not financial – in fact, not to put too fine a point on it, week fifty-one of the year – and I should like to submit to the Reader with all appropriate deference, for his (or her) consideration at a convenient juncture, a sincere and sanguine expectation, indeed confidence, indeed one might go as far as to say hope that the aforementioned period may, at the end of the day, when all relevant factors have been taken into consideration, be susceptible of being deemed to be such as to merit a verdict of having been by no means unsatisfactory in its overall outcome and, in the final analysis, to give grounds for being judged, on mature reflection, to have been conducive to generating a degree of gratification, relaxation and celebration which will be seen in retrospect to have been significantly higher than the general average.

Steve W
:rotfl:

Excellent!

(did you write that yourself or get it from somewhere?)

Gary

gandley

Novice Member
Most hate religion or have no time for it but most go silly at this time of year, even when its all a lie based on pagan roots............seems to hypocritical to me this thing called xmas.

So have a great holiday from work(more so if its paid leave) and hope you are all refreshed for the new year.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

Excellent!

(did you write that yourself or get it from somewhere?)

Gary
No, it's from Sir Humphry Appleby, of 'Yes Minister'/'Yes Prime Minister'.

It didn't actually appear in a programme, but as a forward in the very first Comic Relief Christmas book.

I wish my own writing was that funny!

Steve W

Timbo21

Is that a star in the east? ..

No, it's just my projector burning my retinas

Merry Christmas to you all

jagdeepp

Banned

Steve W
Steve, ever given thought to going into politics?
:eek:

Hope everyone has a great break!
Happy new year!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom