1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Xmas and a Great New Year!!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gary D, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi Boys and Girls,

i finish work today and wont be back till the new year, i just wanted to wish everyone a happy xmas and fantastic new year.

Its been a good year on the forum, i've crossed swords with a few of you and had a right laugh doing so and pulled out some hair. At times things got a little heated, but at the end of the day it all came out in the wash.

i think this has been the year of "PAL Speed Up" some people hear it, some people dont - but hey who cares! The DTS vs DD debate has raged with the same passion as always (and still has no definative answer as which is best.)

So what will be the great debate next year?

I want to thank you all for winding me up, helping me out and just being a good natured bunch.

Season greetings to you all.

HAPPY AV'ing over the holidays.

Gary

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    And a happy new year to you too

Bah Humbug! Now lets get back slagging one another off :laugh:

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,
    and the same to you...I'm on nights tonight then off until Jan 5th:clap: :clap:

Pal speed up has really reared it's head this year hasn't it. The DD v dts rage has taken a few twists, with people offering evidence that none is better than the other. I think it's now down to personal preference TBH...

I think next year will see the turning point in DVD sales. For a few years R2 was playing catch up with R1. I think it's now caught up with waht's on offer and the quality of the discs, and next year, I think we'll zoom past the R1 market in quality. But at the same time, that introduces the Pal speed up thing again...

We have some brilliant discs to look forward to as well - Schindlers List (at last!!!), very strong rumours of a Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 box in November, the next instalment of LOTR and the next Disney platinum release - hopefully Aladdin - all to come...

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Late next year is when we all start talking about HD-DVD as its gonna appear during 2005.

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year, Gary. I've already made my New Years Resolution. It will be my goal in life to persuade Army Bloke that not only is Pal speedup much more of an issue than the debate surrounding DD v DTS, but I will have him watching the Wizrard Of Oz in R2 and R1 every day so that he can truly appreciate the difference. :D

Sigs

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never seen Wizard Of Oz. Strange but true....