1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy sony customer - wanted to share

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by frog, Jul 21, 2003.

1. frog

frog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

Just wanted to share a very positive experience with Sony customer support.

Have an HS1 which in January started to show a green tinge on some parts of the picture, thought the bulb was to blame (close to 2000 hrs) and ordered a new one. It took the best part of six months to arrive (that's no good...:mad:), fitted it and no difference, the green halo was still there.

By then, the projector's warranty had run out... so I called Sony to try and have a go, they simply said that since the unit was 18months old, I should take it in for an estimate and they would let me know how far their goodwill would go.

Got onto the forums to see if that same problem had occurred before, only to be told by one member that it was a £600 job, my heart sank ... No way would Sony cover that...

A week later, I got the estimate in the post, £500 parts, £32 labour, followed by a letter from Sony stating they would pay for parts if I paid for labour... I had to read it at least three times, just could not believe it.

Projector is back, repaired and working properly again. It took three weeks in total and I still can't believe the excellent customer service I have received.

No need to complain, shout or threaten, all done very courteously, I am sure I never even asked for anything...

Once again, I just wanted to share this extraordinary experience with you folks.

Three cheers for Sony :clap: :clap: :clap: :smashin:

2. malcolm

malcolm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Great to those type of stories Frog.
    As someone about to take the plunge its good to know which brands care about there customers. I hope this is the norm and not an exception for Sony.
    Thanks for sharing that with us!

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jolly nice of Sony :smashin:

Glad you got it resolved (relatively painlessly).

:)