1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy new Pio owner

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by saabfan, Jul 1, 2003.

1. saabfan

saabfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With the great help from Joe Fernand at the Media Factory I received my MXE 433 last Saturday.
    1) Sky + to Scart to VGA converter (John Sim) into input 1.
    2) DVD from an "old" Sony DVD 7700 via component into input 2.

Picture on Sky is surprisingly good. Very good on Chan 5 or Sky Premier 1, 2, 3. With the benefit of DD5.1 from Sky +, the overal sound and picture impact is very close to DVD.

Any opinions on the benefits of progressive Pal/NTSC compared to my interlaced DVD output with the MXE 433 ? Does the IScan Ultra make a real difference ? Maybe I'll wait for the next generation of DVD players with DVD out (supporting 576P please, not just 480P) + the Key Digital Card.

2. RAMiAM

RAMiAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sony DVD7700 - I use to have the very same player.
    Excellent player in its days and a stunning looker, especially with the motorised front panel :)

Definately audition:
    1. A quality DVD player with progressive PAL/NTSC
    2. The iScan Ultra
    3. Your current player or new player through the iScan Ultra

Do a search on the forums for MXE and iScan and you should find a quite a few threads where people claim the iScan didn't really have much of an impact on the MXE models - maybe it has better deinterlacing than other makes.

One benefit that you should notice is if you pass your Sky signal via YUV through the iScan to the MXE - should give a slightly better picture and will also get rid of CUE which can be quite noticable with Sky.

Persoanally I've got a Denon DVD-A1 with prog PAL/NTSC and am awaiting the KD card - maybe we'll see it sometime this year
    :D

Good luck.
    RAMiAM

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Hi RAM,

I think we'll be lucky if we see a bug-free KD card this side of Christmas. It seems to have gone on the back burner while they sort out the HD Leeza. FYI, Aurora are developing a new card which should be a much cheaper option. It should be out around November.

Steve