1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Days

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eviljohn2, Apr 20, 2005.

1. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    No, not Happy Days the TV series but happy days in the way Jamie Oliver uses it. :D

I've been a bit down lately with piles of work arriving, deadlines creeping up and job-hunting not going so well so wanted to share something that made me feel great.

Nothing too special but I was walking up to uni this morning like I do every day, it's only a couple of miles but there's a 12% gradient up the hill so it can take a while but there's a stunning view of the city from half way up. This morning was absolutely gorgeous weather and I was strolling up the hill contentedly when a few songs came through my earphones that just made me feel great (Silver and Lullaby by Hundred Reasons for anyone that's interested). No real reason but I just really enjoy music and for a little while I was grinning from ear to ear on a really nice morning without a care in the world. :D

A fairly pointless post but maybe something to counteract arguments about where to buy equipment from, things that make you go aaagghhh and other miserable socio-political threads. People have recently discussed how great children and pets can be so; particularly with summer around the corner, what cheered you up recently and what are you looking forward to at the moment? :)

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    When is Happy Days coming out on DVD? I really want to get it. Ayyyyyyyyyyy!

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I'm sorry to hear that as I understand that they are painful.

4. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ian J's post :D .

5. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I should have guessed that I'd become the butt of a piles related joke. :blush:

6. FruitBat

FruitBat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    I'd just like to say "anus horribilis" before Dr Diversity gets here.

7. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I swear I suffer from S.A.D. and the nights extending out and the warmish weather make me happy. Can't wait to get the shorts on and the BBQ lit :hiya:

8. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    I am flying to Belfast on friday morning for a long weekend with some friends. Looking forward to it. Manics live last week - bloody superb. Playing fellow forum members in the AV Forums champions league on x-box live pro evolution 4 ~ great fun :)

As for happy days. Of late, been feeling somewhat better. No prozac, no anti-depressants no nothing. Just getting there one day at a time though I do have a new prescription should I trip up.

Happy days indeed and certainly better than a few months back....

Pete :)

9. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My reputation precedes me :)

I wanted to get this thread back on course and will not go the humorous route this time.

I am looking forward to seeing the Balcombe Viaduct. It is a 37 span bridge crossing a valley built by the Victorians. I discovered it on the internet and it is only 20 miles from home. Maybe not a great thing but I love architecture and can't believe I hadn't heard of / seen this bridge in all my born days. I have been over it loads of times on the train and not known it.

That's me set up this weekend :)

10. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take your shorts off before you light them - or is that some radical piles cure?

11. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Sunny days, good beer and music with friends at the BBQ then the image of Alan in his shorts.........oh so close......

12. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    The irony here is that I would say you need to get out more, but evidently you are going out to view the aforementioned construction, so I cannot really say anything apart from be careful.

Pete.

13. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of those up down personalities that can catch me unawares, but the dawn chorus, seeing the first swallows arrive in our area, wearing shorts on Sunday while out cycling, it all cheered me up no end.... sniff

14. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I said this to the wife the other day. Our bedroom faces East and even though we've got blackout blinds, the morning sun lights up the room. I'm not a morning person (In a questionnaire I found I'm a night owl and I'm most awake between 5-8pm !) but I felt really energised that morning....

...that said, I wasn't so impressed when our daughter woke at 5am this morning and tried getting back to sleep only to be thworted for 15 minutes by said dawn chorus :(

Roll on summer ! Jumpers for goalposts.

15. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I’m doing professional exams at the moment, so not much to look forward to at the mo :(