Happy Christmas AVForumites.

Tempest

Happy Christmas Everyone.
Well we made it. We got thru 2020, and it was a bit of a doozy.
Personally my best year ever, had some furlough time and the longest holiday off work since I left school, so I can't grumble :)
Let's hope over the next few months we can gradually all get the jab, and by mid summer, we can finally start to look back at this, and a 'New Normal' can start to emerge.

One thing I do hope is that mask wearing, now we're no longer shocked by it, can become more acceptable during any cold/winter season.
I've heard reports of far less colds etc going around. So if next winter, hopefully without covid. Masks can still be acceptable to be seen with, to stop winter bugs spreading, then that will be a nice bonus to come out of it.

Love everyone here, and lot of fun to be silly and have fun arguments with you all.
And of course a GIANT thanks to all the mods and forum workers behind the scenes that have kept this place up and running during all of this.

Love you all, and hope good times ahead for everyone :)

rousetafarian

Time for reflection;

By following the guidelines, being sensible by respecting others and knuckling down me and my SO have got through this year. On a positive note I’ve had a very rewarding year at work, and for that I’m very grateful.

On a less positive note we lost the head of the family, my Nan, this month and she was cremated last Friday. She didn’t die of an illness, she died of being 97 years old. Well travelled, very loving and her light dimmed by dementia.

I need to lose 2 stone to be happy with my physique, so will focus on that. Less carbs, more outside exercise and cut out the cheeky midweek bottle of red. Some major expense needed on the house starting with a new bathrooms, ensuite and garden makeover.

And in between all of this I’d like to keep up the Moderating effort which I think is probably a little light compared to last year.

Merry Christmas, seasons greeting, happy holidays and peace and best wishes to each and everyone of you, most of all be kind.

rousetafarian

Last edited:

Don Rogers Tash

Time for reflection;

By following the guidelines, being sensible by respecting others and knuckling down me and my SO have got through this year. On a positive note I’ve had a very rewarding year at work, and for that I’m very grateful.

On a less positive note we lost the head of the family this month and she was cremated last Friday. She didn’t die of an illness, she died of being 97 years old. Well travelled, very loving and her light dimmed by dementia.

I need to lose 2 stone to be happy with my physique, so will focus on that. Less carbs, more outside exercise and cut out the cheeky midweek bottle of red. Some major expense needed on the house starting with a new bathrooms, ensuite and garden makeover.

And in between all of this I’d like to keep up the Moderating effort which I think is probably a little light compared to last year.

Merry Christmas, seasons greeting, happy holidays and peace and best wishes to each and everyone of you, most of all be kind.

rousetafarian
Deepest sympathies to you and yours.
We lost our mum on the 29th of this month back in 2011.

Foster

Distinguished Member
Merry Christmas All,

Make the best of it tomorrow even if it means you can't see everyone.

Nearly 10 years on AVF, great community, crack open a drink and enjoy =)

Last edited:

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Afternoon all, just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health! These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random sh*t and send it on.So, after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2018! You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for. Best wishes, Helen

mjn

Distinguished Member
Been a topsy turvy year for sure.

Most plans cancelled. But thankful to still be in full time work with no loss of income.

But really struggled at times with having nothing to do but work / home / Tesco. Squeezed a bit of gym in here and there.

Seen my parents twice in the last 15 months and some friends not at all. :(

Aj33

Distinguished Member
Happy Christmas all! Would buy you all a drink but....COVID and all that 😉

Showoff

Distinguished Member
I Just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random sh*t and send it on.
So, after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2021!
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Helen xx

evh22

Merry Christmas everyone. You guys have kept me reasonably sane this last year, feel lucky to have found this forum and am really grateful for the advice and expertise. Here’s to a better and brighter 2021

walters123

Distinguished Member
Last delivery now time for a few vodkas.
Merry Christmas
D8F5499E-B200-4970-98D5-6F2250F985D4.jpeg

mjn

Distinguished Member

mjn

Distinguished Member
Just checked, i’m right, he worked for Lidl.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Merry Christmas one and all. Will we see some snowflakes tomorrow? Maybe if their grammar or cropping is complained about :p I kid I kid - after all it's

Marmont Hill Mh-Julcst-37-Wfpfl-24 24 X 16 - Walmart.com in 2020 | Merry christmas  gif, Christmas tree glitter, Animated christmas

Tempest

DO NOT JINX IT!

Good point. I may have a stroke in bed and wake up dead tomorrow and that's me out the picture.
Then again would I actually know, as that could have already happened and none of this I'm doing now is actually real, as I've got no way at all of knowing if it's real or not. :confused:

Mevlock

Distinguished Member
Merry Christmas everyone!

This forum has actually helped get me through this year.

Sometimes I've spent hours bashing out replies to threads simply as a way of helping me deal with things. So thanks to everyone whos replied and liked my mad ramblings and constant reminders from me that I run a chippy.

Who knows maybe when this is all over I'll what someone suggested and have a AVForums chippy giveaway!

I did actually finish my home cinema this year too thanks to here so thats a bonus too.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG smart TVs now feature Google Stadia service
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett