• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Happy Bunny - Apple TV

Palladio

I've been on the lookout for a refurb apple TV in the Apple store for some time and some have just come up at £185 for the 160GB version, a saving of over £70. so I'm a happy Bunny and can start to set up another Apple TV in the Kitchen.

Already have one in the Lounge and have to say am very impressed. Originally brought it mainly for music, but is excellent for loading movies and TV shows but the biggest surprise was the fact that we now actually look at some of the thousand of photos we have and even occassionally bore the pants off friends and family. :rolleyes:

Very easy to use and navigate and the iPod Touch as an additional remote is a really neat idea although I actually like the Aplle TV remote, small with all the buttons you need and no need to look at the remote when you're using it. My 7 yr old grandson was using Youtube within minutes.

Strange thing about the product is that the biggest thread on AVForums is in the 'Mac hardware' forum but IMO it actually sits better in either the 'Streamers and Network Media Players' or infact the 'Streamers and Network music players'.

Not strictly HiFi or as tweakable as a Squeezebox or indeed as flexible as a Sonos system but excellent value for money and for people that just want to stream music, films or Photos from their PC or Mac a great and under estimated product IMO.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Say what you like about Apple and there are certainly things that annoy the hell out of me sometimes but in general their products and applications are excellent examples of good 'form and function' in the best Bauhaus tradition.

:devil: :devil: :devil:

westcoastman

Standard Member
I myself have dumped my SqueezeBox 3 for a refurb 160GB from the Apple store. Couldn't be happier with the system integration. Evrything works.

Palladio

Hi Westcoastman,
Couldn't get much further from me if you tried. :cool:

Also did the same for my Touch. Great prices.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom