• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Happy Birthday to me - GT5 gifted me a car from the my year of manufacture!! (1974)

QBSBuck

Yeah, 1201am and I just got a 1974 Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car, 160BHP.

supraking

happy birthday. wonder what ill get on sunday. 1985 my date of manufacture :)

QBSBuck

Wonder what a 100 year old would get?

Smiffy 2

Many happy returns of the day and I hope you enjoy your new motor!

I've got to wait until January.
Can you tune a model T?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

QBSBuck

Many happy returns of the day and I hope you enjoy your new motor!

I've got to wait until January.
Can you tune a model T?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The lancer has arrived almost fully tuned. Complete with engine management and traction limitations of the day. Top ;)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Happy birthday! Gutted as mine has just gone (15th Nov). Ah well, will be a nice surprise next year.

QBSBuck

Yeah its a really nice touch. Maplin cheapo steering wheel on my birthday list :smashin:

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Just checked all the cars for mine (1988 - not until February though) and here's what I'm going to hold off buying until then :laugh:

S Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
S Honda ACCORD Coupe '88
S Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
S Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
S Nissan EXA CANOPY L.A.Version Type S '88
S Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '88
S Nissan SILVIA Q's (S13) '88
S Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88

You can imagine my joy when I saw the Camaro and Countach...but as I hit the Volvo, I got a strong sense that that will be my birthday present :(.

supraking

lol. I actually bought the Volvo when it came up. makes a lovely drift car

Kinetic Frenzy

i'm off to post in the moaning thread that all us old gits will receive bangers whilst all the whipper-snappers will recieve brand new spangly cars on their birthdays! :laugh:

Happy Birthday QBSBuck.

MarVell

I have my birthday today and also got the 1974 Lancer but I was not born in 1974. So it seems that you don't get a car that came out the year you were born, you get the 1974 Lancer irrespective of year of birth :lesson:

QBSBuck

What year were you born? I was born in 1975, and assumed I registered on PSN incorrectly or GT5 went for a select car that was in use/production during the days of my birth.

QBSBuck

I was born in 1975 too :D:D:smashin:

Top day!! ;)

EDIT: Further to my theory. The Lancer is Rallyed up so it is probably a participant in the ensuing Rally season. I'll have to dig out its log book lol.

MarVell

Actually, I did a Google search and it appears that people born in other years get cars from their year of birth. I wonder why we got a 1974 car instead of 1975? :confused:

Maybe no decent cars came out in 1975 :D:D

QBSBuck

Actually, I did a Google search and it appears that people born in other years get cars from their year of birth. I wonder why we got a 1974 car instead of 1975? :confused:

Maybe no decent cars came out in 1975 :D:D

Someone mentioned an oil embargo. Could it be something to do with that? Weird. We need an answer man.

QBSBuck

She is pictured here, half way down, number and all.

Mitsubishi Lancer (A70) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Apparantly she won the Safari Rally...awwww bless.

EDIT: A quick read indicates that the 'king of cars' participation in the Safari Rally bridges 1974-1977. So will the '77's get this car too?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom