Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury!

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On what would of been his 66th birthday today, a musician way past his time, a gentleman & an inspiration to many.

R.I.P Freddie, love your music mate.

BB

Yes what a talent. Who knows what he could have gone on to achieve. Great loss to music.

Got a bit chocked when they had him on a video screen at the Olympics.

For those that missed it

Last edited:
Quite simply the best showman ever, the greatest frontman of any band and imo had THE best voice of any rock singer, such a huge vocal range, subtle enough when required but powerful enough to equal any tenor.

Queen were just the best imo, and always will be.

The term 'legend' is used all too loosely these days, but he was just that, a true legend!

Yes, I think the reaction he got at the closing ceremony just shows how much he was loved and still missed. There can be only one!

The way he worked in the last few years and put his illness to the side as much as possible was truly inspiring.

There are a few releases coming out this year. Barcelona has just been re-issued with a new orchestral score replacing the previous synthezised elemants. Later this month a new book and documentary DVD/Bluray as a follow up to the Queen one last year focussing on just him. There is also a BluRay of the Queen Magic Tour show in Budapest which was recorded on film and reported to look awesome.

Happy Birthday Freddie

Happy birthday FReddie

+1 to all of the above.
Still sadly missed.
My kids were born the year after he died and they are as big a fans as I am.

Hard to believe it was 25 years ago today that Freddie died. Most of us would have heard the sad news the morning after, Mon 25th Nov - iirc, I turned on my portable telly in my student digs and heard it on TV-am. We had only just had his press statement 48 hours earlier confirming he was HIV positive and ill with AIDS. 5th September this year would have been his 70th birthday.

BBC1 aired a tribute programme that Monday evening, introduced by Elton John and ending with the premiere of the final video. So many of us were in tears watching it.

Hard to believe it was 25 years ago today that Freddie died. Most of us would have heard the sad news the morning after, Mon 25th Nov - iirc, I turned on my portable telly in my student digs and heard it on TV-am. We had only just had his press statement 48 hours earlier confirming he was HIV positive and ill with AIDS. 5th September this year would have been his 70th birthday.

BBC1 aired a tribute programme that Monday evening, introduced by Elton John and ending with the premiere of the final video. So many of us were in tears watching it.

The word 'Legend' is bandied about way too often imo. However, in the case of Freddie Mercury, he truly was a legend. Like the Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Elvis, people will be listening to the music of Queen and Freddie for decades to come.

I don't listen to Queen that often but when I hear one of their songs I almost always want to rush back home so I can have a bit of a marathon listening session. There is just something so powerful and fun about them.

Queen took pop music to new heights and reached a level that has never been surpassed. Bohemian Rhapsody is a good example, written by Freddie:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see...

My favourite is I Want To Break Free. Bloody incredible number.

Left us too soon but perhaps better remembered than one that turns up 25 years after their last decent chart hit with some boring crap on Radio 2.

True showman and really missed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom