Happy AE300 owner!

Jack the lad

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well no, but my new PT AE 300 is just as good. Hell who am I kiddin. The 300 is much better.

Just got it home set it up watched Nemesis and the cup final was well chuffed with it.

Anyone who is hesitating buying one rush out and spend ya dosh! You wont reget it for a moment.

PS Maybe I could be tempted by miss Jones?

A result !!! Hope you have lots of fun...

PS Maybe I could be tempted by miss Jones?

Mrs. Ritz says you can borrow her "Darling Buds of May" dvd - a young Ms. Jones, not quite dehabile on a bed, but a certain degree of decollete from time to time.........:smashin:

All the best,

Sean G.

Oh what a night im in for. Movie and then maybe the missus could pretend to be miss Jones? If not Im sleepin with the pj???

nah forget about your wife or mrs c z jones :nono:, i recommend star wars phantom menace, then attack of the clones followed by fast and furious then the rock with nicholas cage, 8 hour movie fest on a large screen nowts better than that :devil:

Thread title edited - disturbing images of Catherine Z "naked" on a bed given her recent state of "motherhood" :eek:

Glad you're happy with your new PJ - me too :p

:smoke:

Kramer

Far cop. Forgot about that one. Still mighty fine though!

Anyway back to the 300.

Screen 5`6ft 16:9, 8ft from projector. (not its final positioning or size)

First impressions:

Setting up is basic took a couple of seconds.
Great picture quality, I couldnt see any chicken wire at all even right up close. The colours seem natural and blacks seem black. I had a 32" Tosh tv right next to the screen and I had to tone the colour down on that to be as natural as the pj! It will be interesting to get it in its final position and see what tweeking will do for the pq. (but my barn conversion in 3 months from finnishing, DOH!)

The unit runs very quiet, it was just infront of me (2ft) on a coffee table and I did not know it was there. Well apart from the amount of heat this little beast kicks out. I would not be too keen to put it in a hush box (not needed by the way) or in too much of a confined space.

Now the bad point. Yeap just one.

I have found a little green pixel about half way up and a third of the way into the picture! This green pixel only shows itself during brightish scenes. Phoned the retailer and the unit will be sorted next week.

Now back to miss Jones...........

Where did you buy it from?

When you have it set up in its final position what ratio is your sitting position compared to screen width . ie 1.5 times or whatever?

Cheers

Deks

The retailer is replacing it with only one stuck pixel?? Who, pray tell, did you buy it from??

Dunc

I will be sitting around 14-16ft from the screen which I hope will be between 8-10ft if I ceiling mount the pj at about 12ft. I can be flexible as my room is only a shell at the moment, i will play around to see what looks best.

The stuck pixel (green and only one) appears to be out of panasonics limits? I may be wrong but I will post here is I am.

Bought from Crampton & Moore is Sheffield, nice people too. I will be buying another from them as soon as new stock arrives (my dad wants on too).

Yep, according to the Komplett rep over on the DVDforums the Panasonic spec is 4 blue, 1 red and 0 green. :)

-- Jon

Thats right, according to "Patman" (who represents Komplett on the DVD Forums) Panasonic UK will replace projectors with more then 4 blue, 1 red and 0 green dead pixels.

Whereas Panasonic Japan will replace a unit which has even one dead pixel of any colour...

Originally posted by Hlynur
Panasonic Japan will replace a unit which has even one dead pixel of any colour...

Scandalous IMO :(

I think they (all manufacturers) will get the message that pixel defects are unacceptable with a HC projector & adjust their policy accordingly - eventually.

The panels themselves are monochrome + a colour filter so there shouldn't be a different failure rate between them so..

Pure speculation:

The human eye is most sensitive to green, so a bad green one will be more distracting.

Certainly the blue one I have that isn't stuck put comes on full blue when driven is impossible to spot from more than a couple of feet from the screen.

-- Jon

I was at the av-sales show case in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and they had a room setup with sanyo, epson, thoshiba and pana AE300 (+ a few others I think). It was good to see them all lining up together and proved that £ value/picture, the AE300 wins with the Z1 not far behind.

They had a Panasonic rep manning the AE300 stand and he told me that it was a waste of time getting a dead pixel check as they would only take projectors back with 8 or more faulty pixels. If this is true then I wonder what the companies are doing with dead pixel checked PJ's with less than 8 faulty pixels. If Panasonic don't take them back then they probably get shipped out on other orders (that don't pay for the check).

Cheers
:smoke: :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom