1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happened to anyone else ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mr Grumpy, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thought I was going to cop some serious grief last night as a result of the Sky + box's antics. The g/f had begun playing back an episode of Home and Away and it had almost finished when she realised that Family Affairs was about to start (I'm not making this up honest ;) ). She stopped the Home and Away playback in order to start recording Family Affairs only to then find that when she returned to the planner to resume the Home and Away viewing it would not let her. Usually it would be smart enough to resume playback from where it left off in the planner but not on this occasion, it will only allow deletion.
    What's going on ?

2. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Maybe it's the recent 'bad soap' software update. I think it assumes noone will want to watch Home and Away more than once, if that. ;)

3. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :rotfl:

4. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep - sky + software is not perfect by any means. If you push your luck with it it'll screw up recordings. Worst I had was pressing backup during playback to remove the fast forward caption after an ad break. I pressed it twice by accident going back to live telly. Went back to the planner and the show was taking 0% hard drive space... Couldn't revive it. Gutted!

5. mwebb

mwebb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I've had this (but on different programmes!). Just had to bite the bullet and delete the programme, followed by a planner rebuild to make sure it was all tidied up. I just put it down to another example of the random Sky+ glitches.

6. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ah well I am just glad it was nothing important that I really wanted to watch.
    To date it is the only real glitch apart from the occasional momentary freezes during live broadcasts and a recording where the lip synch was out by some ridiculous amount.
    I still think that (though undoubtedly flawed in places) Sky + is a fantastic thing indeed, how I ever managed without live pause I do not know :)