Hannspree XV37 *Part 2*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Curly99, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    This thread is a continuation of this thread here :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/474454-hannspree-xv37.html

Thanks go to Geoggy for the original thread.

For reference: First post

Last post

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. jamiesd

jamiesd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My xv yt08 has just started to play up. Constant flickering when using it in both scart and hdmi.

I believe it's in warranty, is the customer services for Hannspree still on the go?

jamiesd

3. girojim

girojim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Hannspree is fine through my hdmi on my xbox 360 and PS3 in 1080i.
    However my SkyHD in 1080i isn't quite right, the picture is jagged vertically.
    So I put it in 720p and the pictures fine but when I was watching the rugby the picture was jerky but smooth in 1080i.
    I was told on another forum it's because the game consoles run at 60hz and the SkyHD runs at 50hz.
    Is there anything I can do about this?
    Thanks in advance:)

4. jbo82

jbo82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi, in response to someone asking about customer services I have to say they are extremely good. My XV JT02 37" LCD started playing up with horizontal banding coming up on the screen which was a total eye sore. Called them up, they wanted me to email them copy of invoice and pics of the damage and they immediately sent out a courier to collect all the way from Manchester to Holyhead just for my tv!!... and there was two blokes to collect it. Had email this morning, it is unrepairable so getting a new one sent out when they get stock this week :thumbsup: The TV was 11 months and 20 days old when I reported the damage so within the warranty luckily, although not sure if its a 1 yr or 2 yr warranty I cant remember now!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  5. cnotts

cnotts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I posted a few months ago that I was having issues with a noticeable low buzzing sound being emitted from my GT-03. I subsequently discovered that the lower the backlight the louder the buzzing was.

In order for the buzzing to disappear completely, the backlight has to be set on 10. This doesn't bother me too much, I was just wondering if it may have a detrimental effect on the TV in the long term?

6. mijulie

mijulie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all don,t know if anyone else has heard about teleland it seems they have been struck off and no longer trading. so much for the 5year warranty. has anyone else bought off teleland. sorry but i din,t know where to post this cheers m j

7. babalu

babalu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I bought my YT-08 from Teleland :thumbsdow

8. statto1977

statto1977
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sorry to bump this thread but thought this would be the best place to get an answer to my question.

I've had a Hannspree XV 37" JT02-E2 for about 2 1/2 years now, and it's been a great TV. I've just come to connect a couple of speakers through it, so connected the audio out phonos to my amp, but not a sausage.

I know it's not the amp, because I've checked those inputs worked, and I know it's not the cable, because I've checked it with another one of my components (my CD player). Have I had faulty audio outs this whole time but never known because I haven't checked them, or am I overlooking something obvious?

9. rsbrowndog

rsbrowndog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What input source is the TV using? Because if it is HDMI then you won't get any sound from the L/R audio output connectors.

Not exactly sure why, I think it might have something to do with a digital input and analogue output, but I'm no expert.

Stupid, isn't it?

Cheers,

Ryan