• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HANNSpree XV JT - PC-out help please

callmecheez

Established Member
Hi all,http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/editor/attach.gif
http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/editor/attach.gif

I've got the 32" JT Hannsree XV; and I'm viewing my PC through it; using DVI to HDMI.

PC desktop looks crystal clear, 1:1 mapping @ 1360*768.

However;
*if I put on a video file (divx) or watch a DVD or try watch freeview TV through my PCI card; the screen 'judders' or 'jerks' every second or two; it isn't pleasent. :(

*if I set the resolution to 1280*720 the desktop looks horrible; but videos playback smoothly.

Lastly; anyone know how to dim the backlight? I rang them (hannspree) and they said they wouldn't disclose that info :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :smashin:

77KWC

Standard Member
Let me bump this post for you so others could help :lesson:.

This is worrying because it is not supposed to do that with a digital (DVI-D to HDMI) connection. I thought the studdering is mainly associated with VGA connection between the PC and your screen.

Anyone else experiences this problem playing DivX or other HardDrive movies from the PC?

callmecheez

Established Member
Oddly enough; if I connect via VGA (still pretty sharp; but not quite as good) the stuttering is less pronounced; but definitely still there.

Any help would be appeciated.

77KWC - you sig indicates you have this screen, do you have the same issue? Thanks :)

Daz CPFC

Established Member
hmm..ive got a cable on order to connect my PC via this method to get rid of the jerking via VGA although it isnt that bad. Will have to test it with my set when it getshere and see what i think. Hopefully i wont be dissappointed as i want to use the screen with a HTPC and if the TV cant handle it then il send it back.

callmecheez

Established Member
I've tried PowerDvd, WMP, and VLC media player.

Have tried difference de-interlacing modes too; and different codecs.
Have tried divx & normal DVD's too.

Changing the res down to 1280*720 fixes it, but it looks rubbish.

Daz CPFC

Established Member
What kind of content are you playing and what specification is your PC as this could cause problems also i think.

Gedd

Established Member
Hi guys...you have to use powerstrip to get 1:1 map this is A post from the 37" thread...not that these settings will work on 32" may have to tweek don't know...and a link on 1:1 with powerstrip.

http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+1366x768

( Using HDMI input and the following powerstip timings I get a clear 1:1 map and smooth 3d and video:

PowerStrip timing parameters:
1366x768=1366,56,141,197,768,1,3,19,76569,560

Generic timing details for 1366x768:
HFP=56 HSW=141 HBP=197 kHz=44 VFP=1 VSW=3 VBP=19 Hz=55

VESA detailed timing:
PClk=76.57 H.Active=1366 H.Blank=394 H.Offset=40 HSW=141 V.Active=768 V.Blank=23 V.Offset=1 VSW=3

Linux modeline parameters:
"1366x768" 76.569 1366 1422 1563 1760 768 769 772 791 +hsync +vsync

Unfortunately I cannot seem to drop to 50hz, as the HDMI input switches the colour to some garish mode.

However all in all this mode works sweet for browsing nd games and video )

callmecheez

Established Member
DAZ CPFC:
I'm using
a dual-core opteron 185 (2.6ghz per core);
1 gb RAM,
ATI Radeon X1950pro 512mb; and
2x WD Raptors (in RAID 0)

And I'm playing back DIVX's (scrubs, lost, downloaded films etc. I've also tried the HD-demo movies from microsoft's website).
I've also tried retail, purchased, DVD's (lord of the rings to be precise) and I just the same jerkiness.

Gedd, thanks for the reply:
I cannot (for the life) seem to figure out how to get to the custom resolutions screen within powerstrip.

Also - that guide refers to nvidias graphics driver frontend, rather than ATI's (catalyst control centre).

How important is getting 50hz?

callmecheez

Established Member
Sorry, I managed to find the right part in powerstrip; except some of the options mention in the guide didn't seem to be there.

I followed it; and connected DVI -> HDMI again; and I don't have 1:1 mapping anymore (it rough around the edges) but video is better (as good as dropping it down to 1280x720)

77KWC

Standard Member
77KWC - you sig indicates you have this screen, do you have the same issue? Thanks :)

I get the same issue when connected by VGA, will do some testing when my digital cable arrives next week - will let you guys know. Connecting it via the humble S-Video method has no issue though (at whatever resolution but IQ is just barely acceptable). I also use the screen to play HDD movie files in the same way as you do. Gedd - Thanks for that powerstrip tweak! :thumbsup: I'll try it out if I get the same issue.

My old system is AXP 2400+, Nvidia 6800 + 1Gb RAM.

demonx

Standard Member
Hi guys...you have to use powerstrip to get 1:1 map this is A post from the 37" thread...not that these settings will work on 32" may have to tweek don't know...and a link on 1:1 with powerstrip.

http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+1366x768

( Using HDMI input and the following powerstip timings I get a clear 1:1 map and smooth 3d and video:

PowerStrip timing parameters:
1366x768=1366,56,141,197,768,1,3,19,76569,560

Generic timing details for 1366x768:
HFP=56 HSW=141 HBP=197 kHz=44 VFP=1 VSW=3 VBP=19 Hz=55

VESA detailed timing:
PClk=76.57 H.Active=1366 H.Blank=394 H.Offset=40 HSW=141 V.Active=768 V.Blank=23 V.Offset=1 VSW=3

Linux modeline parameters:
"1366x768" 76.569 1366 1422 1563 1760 768 769 772 791 +hsync +vsync

Unfortunately I cannot seem to drop to 50hz, as the HDMI input switches the colour to some garish mode.

However all in all this mode works sweet for browsing nd games and video )

Those powerstrip settings won't work on my Geforce card.

callmecheez

Established Member
Ged can you take a screenshot of the powerstrip settings you use which give you smooth video and 3d; and also for the benefit of us with the 32" JT; suggest what settings we might 'tweak' for this model?

Many many thanks :)

callmecheez

Established Member
Sorry to bump this thread but am still having the issue.

Anyone with working powerstrip settings or a workaround please let me (us) know, thankyou all again!! :)

Doctor Smith

Prominent Member
I take it you just need to set tv to 1360*768. and 1.1 mapping is automatic

B.M.Hicks

Standard Member
Have you tried forcing v-sync on?

I had some tearing issues playing Pro Evo and v-sync sorted it right out.

callmecheez

Established Member
Can you set V-SYNC globally? So it affects everything, and not just games? (ie video playback?)

I've been reading around that the problems sometimes occur when a TV does 1: at 1360*768 but at 60hz and not 50hz -

Could this be the problem; and if so is there a way around playing videos at 60hz??

callmecheez

Established Member
Ps. calling up either of the numbers mentioned here:

"UK
Address : Office 2, Ground Floor West, Workhotel, 575-599 Maxted Road,
Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7ED
Tel. +44 (0) 871 666 0850
Fax +44 (0) 871 666 0854
Warranty hotline: +44 (0) 871 855 2424

E-mail: [email protected] "

either result in logging a 'warranty fault' and therefore getting a replacement set.

and the other one has been 'calling me back this afternoon' since yesterday morning. . :(

Junglist_uk

Established Member
worth another bump? :)

I think this is a "feature" of this set, as I said in the 37 thread, Force the refresh to 53hz and it will seem better, sucks to to that though, awesome set for the price otherwise. I sent mine back because of having to faf around with setting which should just work IMO!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom