1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannibal - censorship info needed please

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 17, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Firstly, can anyone tell me how to translate the German-language-only content, on the following website page please, or can one of you translate it for me?

http://www.schnittberichte.de/sb-sonst/hannibal/hannibal.htm

Lastly, as this site shows material (after the killing of the black woman at the fish market shootout, at the start of the movie), can anyone tell me why these scenes (and others) do NOT appear in the R2 edition of the movie?

I know it's a pain in the butt, yet I am sure the R2 version has material missing from the film, (though the material may be in the Deleted Scenes sections, which I haven't yet seen), and as such, I want to know why this material is missing, when both the BBFC and Universal claim the film is uncut. What's going on?

Is there anywhere that has done a complete analysis of the R1, R2 and R4 editions of this film, to prove conclusively that the film has or has not been censored and/or edited differently in certain regions of the world?

I apologise for bringing this issue up again, but it's bugging me that I may be missing material from a movie I thought was totally uncensored.

Pooch

2. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well some of this material is from the Extras Features.
    ***Warning*** those links contain major spoilers.

Hannibal isn't cut on R1/R2/R4.

It was a big smoke n mirrors thing put up by a R4 site that kicked it off.

Many think the final key gore scene is cut, they remember it being worse than it is. If you watch the Extras you'll see some audience reaction footage to the scene. But this time observe the image on the Cinema Screen they're watching. It is the same as the scene on the DVD.

Gore hounds note though that the Special Effects Feature has a longer version of the scene that Scott reduced.

Regards Jenz.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Again,

Thanks to all of you for your help. I had already seen the two links to Jenz's "Bullet's N Babes" site, listing the R1vR2vR4 comparison, and the alleged R4 censorship, which at least were of some use.

Have checked out the conversion/translation thing, and it essentially lists scenes that are not in the original cinema/DVD edition, but are in the Deleted Scenes/Extra Scenes , and/or Documentaries that appear on the second DVD.

However, I did note one thing. A three-hour Director's Cut, approved by Ridley Scott, exists (in a pristine, totally uncensored 1.85:1 widescreen print), which is to air on US TV in 2003. Hopefully, that same edit will makes its way onto DVD in the meantime, as having all the extra and missing scenes inserted into their correct places in to the existing 2hr film version, will certainly make for a different and extremely interesting alternate version of "Hannibal". And I for one, would simply love to see that on DVD!!!!

Pooch