Hangover Cures

• Thread starter Deleted member 221953
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 221953

Lying here on the couch suffering from over indulgence last night, and was wondering what hangover cures everyone sticks with?

Sleep. I usually force myself to wake up for an hour or so, have a few glasses of water and then go back to sleep for an hour. Usually wake up feeling much better.

Science says the only way is to not drink as much apparently.

But I find, water, meds, sleep, hair of the dog, exercise, or one of these works.

1451294863086.jpg

Science says the only way is to not drink as much apparently.

But I find, water, meds, sleep, hair of the dog, exercise, or one of these works.

View attachment 660777

So its a cold bacon, cold toast, one uncooked cold tomato and a nearly cooked single mushroom breakfast from that famous pub chain then..........

Or does that just happen to me every time I visit one :D

So its a cold bacon, cold toast, one uncooked cold tomato and a nearly cooked single mushroom breakfast from that famous pub chain then..........

Or does that just happen to me every time I visit one :D

Twas the day Westham was visiting Man U & being a Westham fan we were having a full day on the beer. Having never frequented one of 'those' chains before - what a site! 08:50 - bar is empty - 08:59 bar is half full with people waiting for 0900 - incredible!

Funny thing was - they were all on time! (my other thread) :)

Sleep, orange squash, ibuprofen, beer poo, sausage and egg mcmuffin or a fry up, can of Coke.

I generally make the effort to drink a pint of water or squash and then take a pint of squash with me when I go to bed. Because of the amount of liquid I've consumed I usually then wake up a few hours later busting for a wee so I will drink either water from the tap or some of my squash. Then when I next wake up, drink more squash and pop a couple of ibuprofen.

I have a theory about poo aswell. I think that after a skinful it acts like an alcohol suppository slowly releasing alcohol back into the system. Get it out if you can.

Drink more squash. Eat. Have a can of Coke. At lunch time have a pint of lager shandy as a prep for the next session.

High sugar content drink. Irn Bru if you can get it or full fat Coke.

Full fat flat Coke used to work for me, but now my body is a temple (as opposed to be a kebab shop [emoji6])

Used to be a bottle of Yazoo and a sausage roll would cure my hangovers, but getting weaker as i drink less. Sugary drinks, force yourself to shower and move around, and get some food in you.

Tactical chunder

Frenedol, flu remedy, sold here in Spain....kicks the shit out of the hangover...

Throwing up due to drinking in excess normally works for me... and being 10 years younger.
I heard having a pint of water before going to bed helps.

I think the only think that can fix it when it's too late is lots to drink and eat. Not too much that you throw up!

I seen some traditional ones in the paper, Monoglia was chew on a dried bulls penis to relieve a sore head, and Sicily was tomato juice with sparrow droppings.

Enjoy lol

Some hangovers are just to much and you just have to ride it out, but I find a normal hangover can be dealt with by just getting on with things, have a shower, force down a coffee and chuck the hoover round or something...Lay on the sofa and you will just keep feeling rough I find.

Yesterday I had a very nasty hangover and none of my advise above was happening, having to go and throw up was the only real answer and then just lots of water. I just don't know why I do it to myself :laugh:

Another vote here for keep drinking. I've not stopped since Christmas morning.
I've been falling about all over the place, hurt my knee and nearly soiled myself, but there's no sign of a hangover.

My motto is 'the only way is through' so I'm with SBT although I draw the line at crapping in my pants!

I have a commode chair. It's a must for long haul binge drinking :D

Dead simple, army medics hangover cure, a hangover is pure and simple dehydration caused by alcohol, drink a pint of water and 2 ibuprofen either before you go kip if you can stomach it or when you wake up or both

Lucozade to replace the electrolytes and re-hydrate, and a fry-up

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom