Hanging TV from Honeycomb

MarkQuinton

Standard Member
Hi all

I've looked around an cannot find a definitive answer.

I would like to hand a 32" LED/LCD tv from an internal wall. However this internal wall has no studs as it it is filled with a honeycomb type cardboard, I believe this is called Pararmount walling.

Can I hang a tv on this directly or would I need to cut out the facing plasterboard and somehow add some battens. This would not be easy as even if I add battens the only thing I can secure it to is the plasterboard so I'm not sure if this would help at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

sjbrum

Standard Member
Hi,

Our house has the same stuff (I think) the partition walls are about 60mm thick with a plasterboard face either side of a cardboard core.

I use hollow wall anchors like these:

Hollow Wall Anchors - Plasterboard Fixings | Screwfix.com

They're pretty damn good 4-off will hang a large radiator, and I hung a 40" Sony LCD with them. I think I used 8 in total just to be sure.

All you need to install them is a drill and a screwdriver. You don't actually need a setting tool.

Cheers,
S.

MarkQuinton

Standard Member
Thanks guys

My worry was that anchors would just be relying on the glue holding the plasterboar to the inner core but then again I guess most of the force is vertical, not horizontally trying to pull the wall down.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom