Hanging a Panny

K

kidooneill

I am about to receive a panasonic th-42pw5b, and I was wondering if it is safe to hang this onto a plasterboard wall. Any advice or experience regarding this would be appreciated.

Is it a stud partition or dry lined? If it is a stud partition and you can find the wooden uprights you can get a good fixing, if it is dry lined as mine is you can fix on to the wall behind it with long screws and rawlplugs.

installer09

yeah, thanx for that installer, I'll have to try and fix it to the fire breast behind the stud wall then.

Cheers

Originally posted by installer09
Is it a stud partition or dry lined? If it is a stud partition and you can find the wooden uprights you can get a good fixing, if it is dry lined as mine is you can fix on to the wall behind it with long screws and rawlplugs.

Installer,

what bracket did you use? Was it the one from unicol? Any good?

No WhistlingDawg, it is the panasonic wall bracket, which cost me £180, is this too much?

kidooneill

where did you get your panasonic wall bracket from?

i'm looking at a unicol bracket for approx £150 as I thought panny ones were much dearer!

Don't buy the Panasonic wall bracket, it's a total rip off. I bought a Unicol tiltable bracket for my 42" Panasonic ( think the unicol product reference is PLW) and it is very well made and about half the price of the Panasonic bracket.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom