Hands up who regrets their choice of DAP?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shadowritten, Sep 19, 2005.

1. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My apologies to whoever it was who recently suggested this idea for a thread, but I've decided to get the ball rolling on what I reckon might make for interesting reading. So, fanboys and nay-sayers of all shapes and sizes, it's time to 'dis' (as the kids used to say round our way, till this word itself became passe and got 'dissed') your DAP.

Tell us all why, if given the choice again, you'd go for a different DAP to the one you currently own. What really gets your goat? What does your nut in? In short, what's crap about your DAP? (NB: It needn't be your current one, but it'll be much more amusing for everyone if it is - but remember, this one's just for a giggle!)

Enough from me. Let the (fun 'n') games begin ...

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So as not to duplicate my previous gripe about my HD5H, this is what really bugs me!

3. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,495
    Given that new models come out all the time, I think you could spend your life regretting.

I bought the Zen Xtra 60gb just around Christmas - we now also have the Touch & Sleek.

I'm still not up to anything like 60gb, and could probably have gotten away with a smaller memory, BUT as I'm Mr. Beetamax, if I'd bought a 40gb player I'd have doubtless filled it immediately.

The truth is, whilst the Xtra is relatively chunky, the size has never been a problem, as it fits in all my casual & suit jacket pockets with no problems or bulging. Non-gapless playback isn't a huge annoyance. It sounds great. Thr software is intuitive.

So, whilst some other players may appear a tad more attractive, it really doesn't bother me.

Steve W

4. KiNeL

KiNeL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Altzheimers in one so (relatively!) young, twas my suggestion last night.

Unfortunately, or should that be fortunately, I have nothing to contribute at this time because I have no regrets but it could turn out to be an interesting thread.

I liked your slogan "what's crap about your DAP" btw

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very tired today - apologies for forgetting it was you!

As for the slogan, I churn out stuff like that every day at work. It pays the bills! :)

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,446
    I got my HD3 back in March. It wasn't/isn't perfect but I regret not waiting till the summer for annual DAP onslaught. I keep seeing the iaudio X5....staring at me. I'll probably get it after xmas

7. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think you'll bin your HD3 in favour of the X5, LFC?

8. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Since I can chop and change at will, I have no regrets :p

9. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: