Handicam Help Please

ashman22022

Novice Member
Help please! I’ve got an old Sony handicam with loads of Digital 8 tapes and can’t figure out what lead I can use to connect to my tv? I currently have a LG55CX5LB BUT ONLY HDMI AND USB PORTS. It’s just confusing seeing what should and shouldn’t work.

hope this is in the right place, thanks so much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 16

stearman65

Cant be done I'm afraid. Your TV is new technology & the camera old technology. You need a conversion lead & software to connect your camera or tape player to a PC or laptop, then run each tape through the system to create an MP4 copy. Check Amazon this is an expensive one, I paid about £10 for mine.
Conversion

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
If you have an avr with video in, check the manual as some of them converted the signal to HDMI. Just remember to yellow lead is video and the audio will be red and white

I also seem to remember some older Panasonic DMR units were able to do the same thing

oneman

Cant be done I'm afraid. Your TV is new technology & the camera old technology. You need a conversion lead & software to connect your camera or tape player to a PC or laptop, then run each tape through the system to create an MP4 copy. Check Amazon this is an expensive one, I paid about £10 for mine.
Conversion
According to the specs that TV has an analogue input via 3.5 jack labelled AV in, which also looks like that second connector down on your camera. Its quite possible the lead is not supplied in the TV box but the following should work. I say should because rather annoyingly there isn't a set standard for which order the wires are in the connector, however its a fiver if you want to give it a try.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom