Hand Check

On the sly at ur desk? U will smoke everyone out with big clouds lol

Haha, nah if i can hold the inhale in long enough not much vapour comes out if any at all. I do it with my isticks, but they are too big to hide in my hand. Theres nothing official about vaping indoors either in the smoking policy. Only being told by managers you can't, I need to see it in the official policy. Not peoples own made up rules.

Looks wicked mate! You'll have to let us know how you get on with it after a few days use and it's first pub mission!

Worked fine in the pub, turns out the barmaid at my nearest hostelry is a vaper and heartily encouraged at the bar vaping!

Okay this Heatvape Defender mod, after a couple of weeks usage..
Form factor, really like the central attty mount.
Size / ergonomics it's well balanced and sits in my hand very nicely, with natural curved edges very similar to the Istick 50.
Energy capacity 2600 mah, about 15-20% more than an Istick 30.
Good display, the cover is a lens so it magnifies the OLED text, very nice idea.
Good durable finish, I'm hard on my stuff and this is lasting quite well. Looks like a smooth anodised finish in a silk/matt black. Better and more durable finish than my silver Istick
Very stealthy with an Emow mounted on it, and looks good with the Subtank Nano, less so with a 22mm atty like a subtank mini.

Dislikes:-
Base USB charging meaning it has to sit on its side or remove the atty and sit it upside down.
Can't vape while charging, blurb says it can, but mine doesn't.
Cant flip the screen for left hand use, adjusting it with my left hand feels awkward and unnatural.
Power scrolling is automatic, you press and hold the up/down and it will scroll until you stop it again, then single click to make fine adjustments. Don't like that.
Can't lock the settings.
Rattly and overly clicky buttons. The fire and adjust clicking is over loud and mechanical feeling, I'd prefer something a bit softer / refined. Occasionally my fire button doesn't fire, sometimes falsely reports a short circuit and needs a second press to get a vape. I can't reliably repeat this anomaly, so its an odd one. I can't help thinking its going to cack out on me completely at some stage.

Overall I will keep it, but only for its ergonomics, symmetry and looks with my smaller attys.
My go to mod is still my Istick 50. Even more so given the current deals available for that one, and the upcoming Kbox V2.

I stick 30w + my new Mini Nautilus with Vampire Vape ice menthol

Attachments

• 1432318702900.jpg
    1432318702900.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 102
I stick 30w + my new Mini Nautilus with Vampire Vape ice menthol

Nice! How are you liking it compared to your previous set-up?

It's great I was out of coils for my protank mini 3's still got 3 on the go lol but when got the istick I thought was time to get something else. The Nautilus is really very good. And the fact I can whack my eGo ONE tank on there too is great.
And donated my vv4 to my mum who's evod batterys were old n running out of life.

So far I'm enjoying the SXmini.
Seems reliable but not as comfy in the hand as my Provari but it's working great.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1432652119.712945.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1432652119.712945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
It was a gamble as I was in two minds to get the newer Provari as I know they are very reliable.

Looking at getting an Istick 50w and a sub tank mini.

Where's best place to buy?

Looking at getting an Istick 50w and a sub tank mini.

Where's best place to buy?

Puremist.co.uk are priced as good as anyone in the UK. They are based here in N.I and I'm actually going in today to sort out which mod I'm going to buy.

Other than that you have Gearbest.com and Fasttech.com who are Chinese retailers. Delivery is quite slow, but prices are good.

Puremist.co.uk are priced as good as anyone in the UK. They are based here in N.I and I'm actually going in today to sort out which mod I'm going to buy.

Other than that you have Gearbest.com and Fasttech.com who are Chinese retailers. Delivery is quite slow, but prices are good.

Thanks mate - what set up are you going for?

Thanks mate - what set up are you going for?

I've a Lemo 2 tank on order from Gearbest which I hope will arrive anytime now (despatched 19th May).

As for a mod, I'm still undecided. The istick 50w is probably the smart choice, but I'm not sure if I need anything better (or bigger) than an istick 30w. Others in the frame are the Clourpor mini and a Sigelei.
I decided not to buy online as I'd like to try them out in my hand. I'm a bit self conscious about having something too big for my daily vape so I'll be keeping my Kanger EMOW for the time being.

Right, having got sick of Totally Wicked's products - with atomisers that burn out within a day and everything tastes the same - I've just ordered the following from Puremist :

Istick 50w mod kit
Kanger Subtank Mini
5 Kanger Subtank 0.5 ohms heads

Cost circa £80....and if I'm not happy then @Dony it's your fault.

-----------
Istick 50w mod kit
Kanger Subtank Mini
------

That's what I use all day, every day.
If you are going with the OCC coils, just remember to put a couple of drips on each side hole, and a drip or two on the coil before you fill the tank.
I also do a couple unfired pulls with the air hole closed on an fresh tank fill to help get the OCC wicking going well.

Make sure you have a lower Nic strength than your usual if you are going from an ego type set up as you will get much more vapour, so it will feel strong and harsh . I went from using 12-18 mg on an emow setup to 6mg on the subtank.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

That's what I use all day, every day.
If you are going with the OCC coils, just remember to put a couple of drips on each side hole, and a drip or two on the coil before you fill the tank.
I also do a couple unfired pulls with the air hole closed on an fresh tank fill to help get the OCC wicking going well.

Make sure you have a lower Nic strength than your usual if you are going from an ego type set up as you will get much more vapour, so it will feel strong and harsh . I went from using 12-18 mg on an emow setup to 6mg on the subtank.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Thanks mate, will do.

What liquid do you tend to use? - getting a bit sick of Vaper Caper's Vanilla Custard.

Holy mother of god....it's tremendous!

*disappears in cloud of vape*

ImageUploadedByAVForums1432987693.255259.jpg

Great, have had Istick 50w for one day and now it won't turn on. Battery is showing as full. I've clicked the button 5 times to turn on and nothing......

I'm not happy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom