1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hammer house of horror

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mcmullanbrush, May 11, 2002.

1. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone remember the hammer house of horror series from the early eighties? 13 one hour shows including "the house that bled to death"
    well they are available on region 1 in a 4 disc box set costing only 30quid from dvd box office
    some are still a bit spooky but most are a great laugh

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    Yes i remember this series. I seem to remember Marina Sirtis in one episode,think she played a witch and also went topless.:D

3. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i have no idea who that is, but there is plenty of naked flesh in most of the episodes. pierce brosnan, brian cox and denholm elliot make appearances also

4. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +444
    Shame on you,Marina Sirtis plays Deanna Troi.:)

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I don't want to see Pierce's brosnan, or Brian's Cox! :eek:

6. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the tip...

I cant wait to get these now as I loved it when they were on.

Can anyone tell me what the quality of the tranfer is like?

Thanks,

Iain.

7. blackbull

blackbull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember the series it certainly scared me at the time. I remember one episode very well and to this day I can never understand why no one has ever commented on the fact that Basic Instinct is a complete copy of it or if I am being generous, a complete coincidence It starred British sex bomb Suzanne Danielle (Carry on Emanuelle etc.) as a homocidal authoress writing a book about a notorious female killer in the past whose reseach she took a little too far... sound familiar so far. Anthony Valentine (Raffles etc.) played... yes you got it! the detective investigating a series of deaths and has Danielle as his prime suspect but falls for her very obvious charms. However this being a British TV programme and not a Hollwood blockbuster he does end up dead by her hands and the last scene of the episode which I remember to this day (probably because I was sexually frustrated, sex obsessed lad of about 13 or 14 years) saw Miss Danielle (now Mrs Sam Torrence, yes the golfer) standing in front of a full length mirror in period stocking and suspenders about to start "reseaching" her next book about a French female killer who strangled her victims by playfully tying and tightening a scarf around her own neck and smiling at her reflection... I'd better stop now and have a cold shower, wheres the Bromide!!

8. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, used to watch that series in my darkened room, scared wittless (around 11 at the time). I cant remember any of them though, except the opening sequence that ITV used was fear on friday and i found that the scariest.

9. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are all in 4:3 format, Dolby stereo sound. The transfer is ok. The good thing is that you get every episode made. I remember when it used to be shown on Sky's Bravo channel, but after i got Sky myself , they never showed it again, so when I saw it was out on Region 1 , i brought it on a trip to the states. The first time I saw them was when they used to show it on ITV late at night, cause my mum used to tape them for me, so I could watch me before I went to school.

10. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    one thing that will strike you about these stories is that most would not work nowadays due to the existance of mobile phones

11. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who remembers Appointment with fear? Was it Orson wells who use to introduce it ?