Hamilton (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

LotusElan

To be fair to the reviewer it's a review of the film itself, and the other films in this sub-forum don't review or score the picture/sound quality either. Unless you meant you'd like a few additional tags adding to the main image? :)

LotusElan

Perhaps it's 720p stereo :thumbsdow
Not unless it's being streamed by Now TV.

Anyway this sounds pretty good. We're aware of Hamilton but that's about the level of our knowledge. I think this could be really good if watched via our projector to get a bit more of a theatre (theater?) experience. Just a shame we don't have Disney+ (yet)! :rotfl:

Last edited:

bogart99

I find reviews of this sort pretty pointless. How one likes or appreciates a film is extremely personal and subjective. A review of a piece of equipment is on the other hand is objective.

LotusElan

Yes, of course movie reviews are subjective, and if you don't like them (or personally don't find any worth in them) then that's fine - there's no obligation to read them and agree or disagree with somebody else's opinion! :)

However, and it may be because I'm just feeble-minded and easily swayed, I'm probably more likely to want to watch something if the majority of people are saying it's great, and conversely less likely to want to give something a go if it appears to be a car crash of a film (I'm thinking of something like Cats...). Having said that I do also watch a lot of dross that I know has been reviewed badly so perhaps I need to look up the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary again. :rotfl:

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I find reviews of this sort pretty pointless. How one likes or appreciates a film is extremely personal and subjective. A review of a piece of equipment is on the other hand is objective.
You haven't been following the BK vs REL debates have you ;)

Kotatsu Neko

I love a good musical and have seen many in the West End and on Broadway, but the most critical part of any musical is the music. I've had a listen to the Hamilton cast recording, or tried to at least, and rap music just isn't my thing at all. I want the cast to be belting out a good song to a catchy tune, and rap is neither of those things.

Frankly I'd sooner watch The Sound of Music again, or pretty much any other classic musical.

Kotatsu Neko

You so know that's the sole purpose of reviews, don't you?

Comments on the AV quality are best left for the final paragraph.

keithwiggins

I love a good musical and have seen many in the West End and on Broadway, but the most critical part of any musical is the music. I've had a listen to the Hamilton cast recording, or tried to at least, and rap music just isn't my thing at all. I want the cast to be belting out a good song to a catchy tune, and rap is neither of those things.

Frankly I'd sooner watch The Sound of Music again, or pretty much any other classic musical.
im with you, i would rather chew on slugs.

hippo99

Distinguished Member

It’s not all/just rap music.

davisa

I’d drop it a point for the Disney+ censoring.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
2 F bombs have been censored to get a PG-13 rating. Alternative was to keep them in & get an R-rating.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Never heard of this so thanks for bringing to my attention, looks interesting.